HubSpot Ideas

kristen_sp

Referral program

Please create a system for customers to run referral campaigns. It is currently very difficult to set up referral campaigns, accurately capture referral data and contact the referrer/referee as needed. Salesforce has a setup that works well for this referrer/referree relationship

6 Replies
Park

Upvoted, as currently HubSpot only supports HubSpot User field type when creating custom property, one of the suggestion while using the same custom property appraoch, is to add a (multi) contact/company based custom property type, so that we can create a "Referred By" custom property to the referree, and link it to the contact/company. Then on the referrer side, we will create another "Referred" custom property to track all the referrees that he has referred, either by automation (auto add the contact to the "Referred" field when the "Referred By" is updated, or manually update them.

JennL
Participant

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Lists-Lead-Scoring-Workflows/Contact-quot-referral-source-quot/m-p/...

Adding community post to this idea area. 

I think having something very similar to the parent-child field HS currently has could work for Referral-Referee relationship or as a Referred By field could work great also. 

Jenn

LSánchezAlarc
HubSpot Employee

Hi community, 

I would like to share with you the next Linkedin´s Blog from our Senior Solutions Engineer @jackcoldrick 

Here he explains how you can create a referral program with all the processes optimized.  

Hope this information will be useful for all of you!

Glynnis

This feature would be super helpful!

SkyGuy

We've used child/parent companies for a yr to track referrals but it's time to make a change. Child/parent can't be merged and our API duplicates companies upon renewal. Then I have to manually remove C/P, merge, and reapply the C/P relationship. A referral relationship similar to C/P would be fantastic. 

JKBX

Need this!!