HubSpot Ideas

hroberts

Recurring payments with Stripe integration

The Stripe integration currently only supports one time payments. It should also support recurring payments so it can be used for Quotes that include Products with recurring payments.

37 Replies
hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

granthanson
Contributor

This is exactly what I'm looking for. I use Hubspot Sales Pro for Deal/CRM flow.  I have a SaaS model and need to 1) create quote for recurring products (I do this in Hubspot) and 2) Accept/sign Quote (I do this separately in HelloSign) and 3) Enter Payment Information (I do this separately in WePay). 

Funny thing is I've purchased other Hubspot Products and Hubspot has this ability. I received a quote with a recurring product, I agreed to terms, I entered payment info and now I get billed on a recurring basis. 

I've looked at integrating separate Recurring Billing/Payment solutions like recurly, chargify, freshbooks, zuora and many others- I can't find a solution. 

Bottom line: I want to send out an invoice for a yearly commitment to my SaaS. I want that agreement to have the ability to sign, enter payment info and automatically process payments. 

HELP HUBSPOT... or....Anyone want to team up and help us build this solution?

wooglin
Participant

Hey there, we actually created a fully integrated quoting and invoicing solution for Hubspot. It's called Paycove (www.paycove.io) and we can help with your recurring billing challenges. We're also integrated with some other payment solutions, so you can reduce Stripe's fees as well. Let me know if you'd like to schedule a demo with our team. I've also attached a tutorial for our Hubspot product. Thanks! brian@paycove.com

nicknem
Participant

Is there a timeline on when this will be released?

wooglin
Participant

@nicknem our solution is live now. www.paycove.io and sign up for a free trial.

Here's a link to our (first draft) Paycove demo video:

Paycove Hubspot Demo

nickbodkins
Participant

@hroberts we had been planning on using quotes for larger deals, especially when we have a firm that purchases, say, 50 licenses from us. We'd like to be able to use Stripe and Quotes, but would like to do so with their ACH functionality, since it costs us $5, vs like $1400 ($50k deal size). Right now we're using external tools, but I like where you're going.

Recurring would be MASSIVE as well. We would need the Stripe ID or subscription ID, and our app (which already is connected bi-directionally with Hubspot) so that the users' recurring subscription continues automatically. Right now we do that in-app, but would love to have a quote option as well. It just feels better when working with a salesperson, rather than just telling them "log in to our app and you'll be prompted for billing"

mrtommywest

Agreed! Recurring Payments through stripe is a much-needed feature. Please get on this HubSpot!

robert1
Contributor

@hroberts we are also interested in this - for our bigger customers it would be great to allow our sales people to generate and collect orders/payments through the system. Almost all of our customers are subscription customers so this will only work if subscriptions are supported.

JT_Prism
Participant

Just talked to Paycove who appears to be able to do this and integrate with Hubspot. All of our clients are on a subscription model so we need this to happen to use Hubspot's quotes. To be honest it makes Hubspot less sticky for me since I have to go to a third party to close deals. 

granthanson
Contributor

Update from me. Hubspot has built out recurring payments to Stripe. It is Awesome, but still doesn't work for us. Here's why:

Pros: We sign a deal and send a quote/invoice via Hubspot to customer with both 1) one-time fee due now and 2) recurring subscription due now. Customer pays off of quote, Stripe creates customer. Works great. 

Cons: We sign a deal and send quote/invoice via Hubspot to customer for both 1) one-time fee due now and 2) recurring subscription due in 15 or 17 or 23 or 30 days. Hubspot doesn't support separate start dates/delayed start dates. Doesn't work. 

Majority of our deals are upfront one-time deals and a specific start date on the subscription. I was told separate start dates will be built shortly...

In the meantime, I'm still left doing everything inside Stripe manually or looking at other 3rd party companies. *Also tried Paycove, but they couldn't handle separate/delayed start dates either. 

JT_Prism
Participant

@granthanson
How did you set up recurring Payments with Stripe and Hubspot?

When I create a quote with a Stripe Product that has recurring payments, I still get blocked by Hubspot (Using Sales Professional). 

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

We are testing this with a small group of users and hope to release to all soon!

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

This is officially live for all Sales Hub Professional and Enterprise users!

granthanson
Contributor

This is great. Just need to get Start Date enabled and we're good to go. Feature is not beneficial for us without that. 

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

@granthanson I haven't actually seen that idea on here yet! Could you file a new Ideas post with some context around your use case and what you'd like to see so we can gather input from the rest of the community?

ericfear

@hroberts Hi there, we're investigating this for use in our SaaS sales also. In our case, Stripe Billing (subscriptions created from products detailed in Stripe) is part of our user authentication.

Does this / or is there plans to support sync'ing or at least matching up Sripe Subscription items here so the management is done on Stripes end?

Right now it looks like HubSpot is managing the recurring subscription using Stripe as the gateway only, is this correct?

JT_Prism
Participant

@granthanson or @hroberts , has anything been submitted or explored to have the Start Date for billing? 

In order to process payment with Net 30 Terms, Stripe creates a Trial Period of 30 days and then invoices the amount. This is something that has come up with taking the first payment. 

Ideally we can just select the "Start Date" or "Net Terms" and have HubSpot communicate that to Stripe. 

granthanson
Contributor

I was told end of January or early Feb. To us, this is needed for us because our agreements typically have an one-time fee now, and then subscription starting in 15 or 30 days. 

Here's our workaround (which isn't ideal).

1. Send quote for both one-time fee and subscription fee, but adjust price of subscription to $1/mo.  *note, if there is no subscription product in Hubspot, then Stripe won't create a customer. 

2. Once that initial quote is paid, we go into stripe and manually adjust that subscription to correct price and next billing date. 

Not ideal, but its the only thing I've found that will allow us to send a quote with both one-time and subscription products, collect payment for one-time fees, and have stripe auto create the customer and subscription. 

Any other ideas for workarounds?

Vitaliy

It seems that recurring revenue is not available for Sales Hub Professional. Or has it changed since the release?

Alex_Meneses

This is great. Just need to get Start Date enabled and we're good to go. Feature is not beneficial for us without that. 

Hey @hroberts @granthanson  was this ever turned into a new request?!? This is a major pain point for a lot of agencies I would imagine.

We have a lot of services that we offer where we have an upfront setup fee followed by a recurring management fee that starts 30 days later or approval of deliverables. Right now we have to send the proposal through pandadoc and a credit card auth form or an invoince straight from stripe.