HubSpot Ideas

Barry

Recurring Tasks

Is it possible to create reocurring tasks, such Ticklers?  I like to set-up ticklers to contact  certain customers on a regular basis.  Is this possible in Hubspot?

Barry

236 Replies
dpitcock

Can you just create a trigger in the workflow that is set off a task with no associations at a time/date? Tell the dev's it's to trigger a chronjob. they'll know. it is super simple. I'll prob use the api for chronjob tasks for the team, however, some users, like those here, would rather not have to code something up. Workflows for operations that have no associations are super helpful. We have lots of operational housekeeping and it would help to have some reminders 

Davey
Participant

I'll expand on this a bit. I designed sales processes at the last company I was at. In six years, we grew from twelve to over six hundred employees. One of the keys to our growth was in how we approached sales. The vernacular is different but we created something called a playbook - which is something very different in HubSpot. Essentially our playbook was an intelligent, event-driven series of tasks/action items that ensured that no customers were neglected and that they all got the same attention. So far, this sounds just like HubSpot's Workflows so here is the difference. HubSpot's Deals, Workflows, and even Sequences are all linear so they have a start and an end. I appreciate the design and there are certainly times when the deal style format is advantageous. The problem with this is that although HubSpot's sales products support Inbound and Outbound sales efforts, they disregard Account Management and you need all three pillars.

So on the topic of having repeating tasks, I agree that this feature would be helpful but in my view, as a solution, it's kind of a patch job for a larger problem. The process of nurturing inbound and outbound leads can be viewed as linear but account management is a loop. You repeat the same procedures every month, quarter, or whatever suite your sales needs. Account management is the practice of nurturing and building relationships with customers and that lasts throughout the lifetime of the account. So yes we need repeating tasks but we also need this same loop-centric mindset applied to the sales products in general (as an option of course). For me, repeating workflows would be the holy grail because I need the event-driven functionality and automation.

HubSpot, I'm blown away by the platform overall so kudos and thank you. That said, this is an oversight but I have faith! 😄

burginco
Participant

We are so in need of this, please add it

dannevesdantas

We from CBC Agronegócios need it too. Please hubspot add this feature, it's really important.

GetPayroll

Yes, please!

GetPayroll

Yes, please!!

MichaelC
Guide | Partner

Did anyone find a workaround to it? Or heard anything new?

VagaeNatus
Key Advisor

@Barry there is a typo in the title of the idea. If you fix it, more users would find that idea when searching for some, the faster you'll get likes/kudos, the more chance we have it is shipped.

jpali

please ad

atdinunn

Do we have any update on this?

Also recurring projects would be the bomb

AndrewSynseer

Really need this to manage subscription renewals so that the Customer Success team can pay more attention to a client as renewal approaches.

jjiln

As a paying customer I think it's very disappointing that a perfectly bogstandard function such this has not been created, despite the multiple requests to do so. The impression I get is that HS is more concerned about new sales than looking after its existing users. Not a recipe for loyal users, sorry.

cedge-corp

Adding the ability to create reoccurring tasks would make my teams life so much easier.

Please add this functionality.  

Thank you

rphillips
Participant

This is a needed feature

cristinaramos

Hey there, is there any status on this or workaround? I'm creating recurring events (holidays, birthdays, etc) in the hubspot marketing calendar and cannot seem to find a way to do this...

MichaelC
Guide | Partner

@cristinaramos 

I have been thinking about a work around using workflows with delays. Once a task is created wait x time the start workflow b

workflow b does the exact same thing but starts workflow a again after delay

I havnt got time to test the idea yet but in theory it should work.

ctschris766

This should be a standard feature to be honest. Not sure what the hold up is, but it would help out tremendously. 

LukeTruanMusic
Participant

Thank you for confirming this information.  I'm very surpirsed that this, very basic feature, is not available. It makes me wonder what else is missing that I have not yet thought of. If I found this one, I'm sure I'll find more.

delagarde

We need this.. I assumed something like that would be included. Off to search for a workaround, but really hope the devs take heed. It's been a year and some months now since the OP. Surely scheduling recurring 'anything' is super basic business need?

YourHuckleberry

I desperately need this functionality. Please do it ASAP.