Recurring Day of Week Specified Workflow Sends

We have many HubSpot clients that want a regularly recurring email to send out on specific days of the week. What would be awesome is to have the ability in the workflow under setting to specify the day of the week for the desired trigger action. 

I realize date-based workflows are a remedy for this situation but ideally this recurring workflow would provide more flexibility and avoid the issue of scheduled delays. For example, if the time of the desired action passes and the contacts have already been scheduled for the following delay, you have to clone the workflow, and re-enroll contacts back into the workflow. This create more debt in the sense of creating additional workflows, more production, etc. 

HubSpot updates
5 Replies
kaious
Regular Contributor

Already shared this on another thread, but figured I'd drop it on any of the related issues in case it's useful: It is a bit of a hack around involving Zapier, but I had this same issue and came up with a solution that has been working well for us - details here if you're interested: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/hubspot-hack-around-running-workflows-specific-day-week-kai-crow

kdemars
Occasional Contributor

Similar to this idea, we are looking for the ability to create a reoccurring workflow based on time delay (not specific day of the week). We would like to be able to survey our members every 6 months (initial send would be 6 months from join date—a contact property we capture—and then reoccurring every 6 months after). 

kaious
Regular Contributor

@kdemars I think you could actually achieve what you need with the tools available in workflows currently. It's probably not as simple as in some other systems, but I think it'd work:

1) Create the workflow which sends the first survey with a trigger of join date is more than 180 days ago

and in that work flow, in addition to sending the survey, set a custom field along the lines of last survey date (set to the date of program ran)

2) Create a second workflow for the subsequent sends with the enrollment criteria of last survey date is more than 180 days ago. If that will be exactly the same email for every subsequent send, you could also set it to re-enroll people automatically, if not, just create subsequent workflows with the same 180 days criteria, plus has completed the previous workflow.

Does that make sense? Hope I understood what you're trying to do correctly.

Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 7.51.02 AM.png

kdemars
Occasional Contributor

@kaious - This is awesome! I had reached out to HubSpot support with my question and they had told me it was not possible. Looking at your steps though, this seems to achieve exactly what we need. Really appreciate it!

kaious
Regular Contributor

@kdemars no worries - glad it was helpful Smiley Happy