HubSpot Ideas

cslana

Reassigning the Chat in Chatbot After a Certain Period of Time

In the Chatbot, it would be great to have the default functionality after a certain period of no response (internally) that the chat either gets reassigned to another user OR sends an automatic "no representative is available" message. Does that exist today? I know we are supposed to mark as "away" or "available" but there are times that things slip through th cracks and we don't want someone waiting with no response.

3 Replies
cslana

Additionally, I know the integration with Slack can help alleviate some of these issues, with the notifications going there directly. But, it would be nice to have an integration with Teams as well as I know many organizations are using that, including us. 

jimwwright

We're just looking at a load of chat solutions, including Drift, Hubspot, Qualified and the native Salesforce solution. Hubspot was looking the nicest and the most cost-effective until we hit this roadblock. If an assigned user is unable to respond immediately, for whatever reason, then the customer/prospect is simply left hanging. No response. Not even a "Sorry, it's taken a little longer than we hoped. Someone will be with you shortly". For this to be a viable, professional solution then you need to be able to re-assign the chat automatically after 60 or 90 seconds (or whatever) if the agent is distracted or delayed for some reason. Either that or you need the Bot to take over after a defined period of inactivity. Because this has the potential to have a dramatic, negative impact on customer experience it is, unfortunately, a deal-breaker.

KBoettcher
HubSpot Employee

This would be a very helpful feature. Sometimes reps miss that they got a chat, so would avoid customers being missed!