HubSpot Ideas

Kara

Reassigning tasks when ownership changes

Currently, you can only bulk assign tasks to one owner at a time. What if someone leaves or regions change and leads are reassigned to multiple people? It would be nice to have outstanding tasks move to the new owner once assigned.

51 Replies
jxlio
Contributor

@RamonPereiraAre you able to share this source code or any information on how this app works? Also, there's no privacy policy or terms and conditions on your site, which is critical when one is to consider allowing a 3rd party app access to customer data.

cmotto

Seriously wish Hubspot would make this a priority.  With 162 upvotes and counting you would think this would be a priority.

RamonPereira

@jxlioSure. I can share information on how it works. The idea is actually pretty simple. It records the ID of the contact owner and every 10s it checks whether it changed. Once it changes, it updates the tasks. Regarding the privacy policy and terms and conditions, I will add that to the site. Should be pretty straightforward, since all it does is update the owners. No client data is being saved in the database, by the way - only the ID of the owners.

RamonPereira

Hey everyone! Just passing to say that the app has been listed in the HubSpot App Marketplace. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them

JEpstein5

This needs to be possible in Hubspot. Our sales team is heavily reliant on tasks so when someone leaves, we need to be able to transfer those to an existing team member to ensure continuity and that no leads fall through the cracks

adamlfoster
Member | Partner

This has also be raised by a client of mine. Here's an example:

Sales rep A looks after London and Bristol

Sales rep B looks after Liverpool and Manchester

Both have a large number of call backs (tasks)

The sales manager decides to switch these around and gives sales rep A Liverpool and sales rep B London.

The sales manager can easily reassing all companies but the tasks related to that area aren't assigned to the new rep.

ARich
Contributor

I'm beginning to wonder if this can be accomplished through a custom code action in a workflow. Has anyone attempted this? I don't see anything like it in the custom code library. 

adamlfoster
Member | Partner

The way I would see this working is when assigning companies or contacts to a new owner then there is a second option/checkbox that asks 'Would you also like all tasks associated to these moved too?'.

DHarvey2

This is a huge pain point and should be something that HubSpot works to build and release. Over 200 upvotes and no movement. Are they even listening?

GrowthOperation
Participant

Hi All -

For those still in need of a solution, this is now live on the app marketplace.

Check out Kyle Jepson's video posted yesterday on the official HubSpot Tips & Tricks page.

If you aren't on LinkedIn or that video doesn't work for some reason, you can also learn more here.

Some quick highlights:

• You can dynamically reassign tasks based on a new record owner
  • Task Assistant works in any type of workflow
  • Advanced filters give you more control over which tasks are updated

If you have any questions or need any help getting started don't hesitate to reach out.

Andrew

P.S. You will need to create an account in order to install Task Assistant, but there's a free plan that includes all the functionality highlighted above.

RBlanchard
Member | Platinum Partner

YES

We need an evolution of Hubspot to enroll a task as a trigger in a workflow: this is to respond to the request we frequently encounter to reassign tasks in mass to another person based on a characteristic (without recreating them).