HubSpot Ideas

Kara

Reassigning tasks when ownership changes

Currently, you can only bulk assign tasks to one owner at a time. What if someone leaves or regions change and leads are reassigned to multiple people? It would be nice to have outstanding tasks move to the new owner once assigned.

51 Replies
DCristinadaSi
Participant

Isso seria muito útil! 

KMace
Participant

I would like to request this as well. When I reassign a deal, the remaining open tasks should be reassigned to the new deal owner. Without that, the tasks most likely stay open for the rest of time.

carolineGR

any news on this feature? I do think it's a basic requirement and it should have been solved now.

JOakley
Contributor

Is there really still no way to do this?!  Hubspot can we please get an update on when this will be possible?  Thanks!

joepod700
Contributor

We often reassign or modify territories, and the worst part is having to reassign the tasks one by one.  Please give us the controls where it will move with reassignment of contact or company records.

KFewings
Participant | Gold Partner

This is really important as salespeople rely on being notified of these tasks, and if the task isn't in their name, they won't be.

KFewings
Participant | Gold Partner

Any update on this? It's so important, it should be one of the priorities.

Benanton

+1

ARich
Contributor

When someone gets fired there is currently no way to assign tasks to the new owner, unless a single owner takes all contacts from the one that was fired. 

When I assign a contact to Person A, I should not expect that Person B should be the one doing task work for a contact that Person A owns. 

Sbilan

I would love for this to be implemented sooner than later.

richard88
HubSpot Employee

Either an auto reassign or the ability to filter by associated record owner in the task queue would help solve for these use cases

nkumar

Yes, I am also looking for this feature for the last 1 and half years.

arruiza

Sería muy útil si existiera la opción de que al cambiar el propietario de un negocio se cambiaran automáticamente todas las tareas asociadas a ese negocio. de manera que si un negocio cambia de gestor, las tareas relacionadas también se cambien. Gracias

davidwimi

+1

AyushK

+1

JAdams78

Agreed

NKeuper
Participant

we just reorganized responsibilities of account managers from regional to sectors. its hugely unproductive to bulk reassign 1000s of contacts in minutes and then having to manually re-assign the open tasks of those contacts. Or to leave those with the old contact owner to create lots of confusing phantom tasks.

henrywangnl
Participant

yes, we need this!!!

jxlio
Contributor

Personally, I set up an automation thru Airtable and Zapier to do this. It's a pretty major workaround, but it essentially recreates the task and assigns it to the new owner, then deletes the original task. Airtable holds a backup so nothing is lost. If this gets reply gets 50 upvotes, I will write out a tutorial with screenshots and publish it on Medium or something.

Unfortunately my workaround will become much more complicated for most users once Hubspot forces us to use private apps instead of account API keys 😞

RamonPereira

I saw this problem here, so I created this private app to solve this problem. It is free and should be super simple to use - no configuration required. Once you update the contact owner, it will update all tasks. You can find the link here. I hope this is helpful to anyone.