HubSpot Ideas

oranges

Real time translation in live chats

Hi,

Zendesk has a feature which automatically translates chats if your customer is chatting in another language.

It uses Google Translate to translate the conversation so that we see the visitor's message in English, we reply in English, but then the visitor sees it in their own language.

This is a vital feature for anyone selling internationally.

Please could you include it in the Hubspot live chat.

Thanks!

29 Replies
amberleemaya
Contributor

I also would really like this feature. We don't sell internationally, but we do have a large Spanish market. This would be a very helpful way for our non-bilingual employees to still be able to help our Spanish-speaking customers.

dgil89

I have to agree this is a very important feature our company uses, currently we have to use a separate chat service (WhosOn) because HubSpot doesn't have this feature... it would be nice to have our team just using one system.

Would it be possible to implement something like google's Cloud Translate API or Azure Cognitive Services API?

kfreeborn

In Canada we have 2 official languages and some of our reps could use the translation help.

CBN
Top Contributor

Fully agreed.

And honestly I would more than happy just having a button to open Google translate in another tab. I am lost when someone writes in Gujarati.

Simple implementation:

SA8

I use Zoho SalesIQ for live chats.  I think it's second to none!  However, you cannot sync it with HubSpot's Service Hub!!!  What a shame!  HubSpot need these in their live chat:
1. AUTO-TRANSLATE
2. RATING/SURVEY ON THE CUSTOMER SIDE PREFERABLY DURING THE CHAT.  CURRENTLY, IT'S AFTER THE AGENT CLOSES THE CHAT, HOW SILLY!

3. PREVIEW CHAT BEFORE CUSTOMER SENDS IT

4. ABILITY TO EDIT THE CHAT

5. ABILITY TO SEND A SHORT VOICE NOTE INSTEAD OF TYPING

6. KNOWING WHERE THE LIVE CHAT IS COMING FROM, WHICH COUNTRY/CITY

SO MUCH MORE....

DMarrese

This is definetly something we are missing in Hubspot.  IT makes for a great customer experience on the website as both are getting information in their language of choice. Being a Canadian company we have two languages and most CSR know one language not both. 

MMuhr

Our team has gotten used to this feature through Intercom so much, that we have a hard time changing to HubSpot - even thought we'd like to. IMO with companies and client bases becoming more and more international, this is really a crucial feature. Intercom btw uses https://lokalise.com/ , it works really well.

ryangod
Participant

Please add this!

Mikey_BT
Participant

This would be a great addition.

Not to necessarily auto-translate, but to at least have the confirmation that if a customer sends in a ticket in their original script (Kanji, Hangul etc) that the system wont auto bounce the email into the long grass because they think it's spam.

Foeth
Participant

Love to have this feature! No brainer as we can't use the chat now.

SLoo
HubSpot Employee

Hi team, this would really be beneficial for customers looking for an automated language identification beyond just picking up multi-languages via targeted URLs. Thanks for your consideration!

andyb
Contributor | Gold Partner

Agreed with everything said here. I have a worldwide, multi-language customer and the option to type in the support team's native language, but for that reply to auto-translate for the customer into their tongue is critical.

Other systems have an API link to AWS Translate or Google Translate I understand

ScottHemmeter
Participant

Hello! We are launching a HubSpot app focused on translating live chat conversations. It's called BabelBot. We are looking for beta customers and solution partner feedback now. You can learn more at https://www.babelbot.app and install right from that page. Installing will start a free, 14-day trial. You do not need to provide any billing information to get started. We can work with you on the expiration date during the beta period. We will connect with you directly to help you and get your feedback. Your feedback will make a big difference in how this app functions and goes to market so please participate! 

SuzNGF
Contributor | Partner

This would be a great feature to have and I'm upvoting. We provide chat services for our client which caters to a large Spanish-speaking population and our reps do not speak Spanish fluently.

LHouben
Member | Elite Partner

Would be a great feature. At the moment we have a prospect that is using Zendesk that has this feature. They would like an all-in-one platform, like HubSpot, but the automated translation and automatic language recognition is key feature they do not want to get away from.

DNesbitt2

I have tried the Babble bot version, and in my opinion, it's too complicated for something that should be automatic. You receive a chat message in a language other than your default, and you click a *Translate Now* button.

There are so many platforms that have this capability, and I don't understand why Hubspot isn't making this feature a priority when it is so important for countless companies.

SSiker
Participant

A live chat translation feature would be incredibly helpful for my company. The majority of our customers are residential homeowners- some of whom do not speak English. This would be a huge resource for our customer support team to still effectively communicate with them. 

jpsimpson

Whatever happened to babelbot.app? I piloted that some months ago, but when I try to get back to the site, it redirects to https://www.cambiumapps.com/.

Did HubSpot drop this project? 

ScottHemmeter
Participant

Hi @jpsimpson . We were the creators of BabelBot. We decided to retire the app as it wasn't gaining enough traction. 

jpsimpson

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the clarification. We were excited at the prospect of utilizing it - I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the adoption necessary to keep it moving forward. 

Regards,

Jim