HubSpot Ideas

Jzitek

Re-order property groups as needed

We are unable to re-order property groups. They remain in the order they were created. We would like to be able to re-order them so that the groups that are used more frequently can be placed at the top.  

5 Replies
mkarsten
Top Contributor

Wish I could upvote this 100 times. I'm considering going in and re-creating the groups in the order I need and moving the properties from the old groups to the new groups. This seems like a lot of work for something that should be a simple reordering (understanding that it's might not be so simple in coding the funtion).

We had 100+ properties in our Contact Information group, so I decided to break them out into more manageable chunks, so team members could find a group of information quicker if they weren't sure what to search for to get the property they need. This would also allow team members to collapse the groups that don't apply to what they need or do. So now, I have Contact Basic Information at the top (great!), and Contact Detailed Information at the bottom (not great!) of the group listing on the contact's all properties page.

If this request comes to fruition, an option to add a description would be awesome, even if only in the property tool. With multiple team members having access to add/edit properties, inevitible turnover, and possibility of a property fitting into more than one group, a description would allow a baseline to understand what a group and what it might include when it can be summed up in a short group name.

ASpringer
Participant

@mkarsten - you have already written my exact same situation. 

I chunked down different categories of properties as well. 

But then can't re-order the groups. so it's still really hard to quickly navigate around them.

ASpringer
Participant
GBalieiro
Member | Diamond Partner

This would be very useful!!!

TanyaQT
Participant

This is needed!