HubSpot Ideas

JVidal7

Re-enroll a contact in a workflow when the email is updated

Sometimes we need to re-trigger a workflow when the contact's email is updated but currently, that's not possible 

JVidal7_0-1682518905776.png

Would you please advise? It'd be great to have a workaround for this

Thanks,

Julian

3 Replies
SamanthaA
HubSpot Employee

I agree that having this ability would be very helpful! Sometimes contacts change their email address so if the system could re-enroll based on that it could allow folks to meet their needs better. Thank you for considering, product team!

Brammetje0803
Participant

Did you already try a default property called email from hubspot? You can set the property as ''known'' and i saw this about it:

Try using "Number of associated deals"(in this case the default property called mail) property with a "is known" filter.

The "is known" filter is like a ninja, it triggers when there is one but also when that value changes.

Then you just activate re-enrolment based on that filter criteria and it should all work nicely.

I think it's worth to try!

CVarell
HubSpot Employee

Hey @JVidal7 ,

it actually is possible to achieve this and I have such a workflow up and running in my own portal. Please see attached screenshot.

This always triggers whenever there is a change to a contacts email address. If you want to do this only for a specific emaildomain, you could use an if-/then-branch after the triggers to decide if there should be actions done or not.

Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 08.23.40.png