HubSpot Ideas

AlkaPomme

Rank tags in Hubspot Blog using a chosen position order

Today, tags in Hubspot Blog are ranking trough creation date.

So the most recent will appear first and this tag will be the one shown in the grid of your blog.

I like to use tags as categories with some of them being the principal and others being sub-categories. Everytime I add a new category if it doesn't behave like a want, I have to delete tags in order to set creation date right and it's so time wasting.

To verify this, you only have to edit a blog post and play with the tags, trying to change position order between tags, it will reset using creation date.

Capture d’écran 2021-12-02 à 12.24.50.pngCapture d’écran 2021-12-02 à 12.24.54.png

3 Replies
CVendryes
Participant

I want to second this! Even a feature to choose/mark the featured tag similar to the featured image would work. Our blog main page template includes whatever the first tag is as the preview (see screenshot below) and right now I don't have much control over it other than to actually create new tags and either merge the old one into it or delete it just to get the one I want to appear in the preview box. This workaround really isn't feasible as the blog ages. 

Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 2.52.38 PM.png

jgw-llc
Participant

We use the same design on our blogs, using a featured tag as the eyebrow. Being able to designate a featured tag, or change the ordering of the tags, is really needed! 

Thanks!

ReemH

Agreed! I was googling how to set the featured tag and found this post. While I'm happy to see others taking the initiative to request this feature, it should have been available from the beginning.

It looks like HubSpot is using tags much like Wordpress categories, but even there a primary category is selected by the blog manager. Tags are usually a way to "tag" the different topics in an article even if they're not the main topic of the post, for users to easily find related articles. 

For example, here we have a couple blog posts that touch several subtopics. For the first one, we originally had included Outsourcing as a tag, because it is one of the ways that advisors can lighten their load when feeling overwhelmed, but we had to remove it because the article is not all about outsourcing. In the second post, Retirement Planning appears even though it's only one aspect of financial planning.

ReemH_0-1660752882548.png

Until HubSpot fixes this oversight, we're considering assigning only one tag per blog post. Does anyone have other suggestions?