HubSpot Ideas

sandeepanilrodr

REST API FOR USERS AND TEAMS

Currently i am not able to find Rest api for Users and Teams.These API's are very important for Integating to Active directory or Identityy and access management System. 

24 Commentaires
agammakkar
Membre

Very much urgently required for identifying and differentiating roles among various users. 

Fabcom
Membre

This is critical when developing complex lead funnels from non hubspot, or non-hubspot-integratable platforms. For our purposes, an inbound lead needs to be assigned to an owner and that owner will be in a team. There will be many teams and each team must recieve only certain leads. For the API to be usefull it would have to have the following basic methods:

Get Team Members by Team ID

Get Team ID by User ID/Email

Get Contacts by Owner/User ID

Get Owner/User by Contact ID

mattblack
Membre

this would be incredibly useful for audit purproses. We need to be able to tell what users permissions are and if they have changed. Automating this through the API would make it much easier on our admins.

jmarshall
Participant

We created an internal scheduling app where we need the HubSpot User ID to be included in the resource object. We would like to do this at the time the resource is added to the scheduling app by creating a HubSpot user via API, setting their Role and Team, and then passign the newly created HubSpot user internal ID back to the app so that it can be instantly associated with the resource object.

The other use case is that we are working on building an internal single point of entry for all new employee onboarding. Being able to create their HubSpot user accounts along with the other SaaS as part of this process would be awesome. 

yatishm
Contributeur de premier rang

This would be a great resource as part of the Hubspot API as well.

For my use case, we would like to automate the adding users, updating permissions and removing users when new member join or leave our employ. 

Thanks in advance 🙂

Vaka
Participant

We've encountered the same problem, but managed to get by using the contacts API.
Each of our users has their contact with a property recording their team, and then we use the list to get them as contacts, not as HubSpot owners.
It is not ideal, but it is working for us.
https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/lists/get_list_contacts

mgorman
Participant

<SOAPBAX>It seems fairly ridiculous to me that you have an API driven SaaS offering but can't control IAM through the API.  As a security professional in a SaaS (Really NetorkaaS) cloud native company, I have a lot of issues with SaaS companies not having an audit role, to see the users, you have to have admin rights, which of course includes write.  To not have a real users list with roles or permissions puts HubSpot at the bottom of the list.  While I'm complaining, why can only a Super Admin have an API key?  Most SaaS offerings allow users to create API credentials with the same level of permissions as the user.  In this case, I'm having to use a SuperAdmin API key, which just adds risk to the equation.</SOAPBAX>

rpiola
Participant

It would also be useful to have an API not only for listing, creating and deleting users, but also for checking and changing their permissions

ChristianLa
Membre

I also need an API to just get a list of all Teams (name and ID), potentially with all assigned users

NaveKeinan
Membre

It would be very usefull if you could add REST API feature to invite new Hubspot members Smiley heureux

we currently have about 90% of our onboarding process for our sales representative automated with certain API and scripts so it would be super easy to add hubspot to that automation if there was a REST API. 

rpiola
Participant

+1 NaveKeinan.... our next year project will be integrating all user on/offboarding with sailpoint, but a sailpoint representative said that it is almost impossible, for them, to integrate with hubspot.

rfanous
Membre

+1

Automatic User Provisioning via SCIM or API is becoming a very important requirement with SaaS application to integrate with JML processes.  It would be great to at least have the possibility to manage users via the API as for now we have to manage this manually when a users leave the business or changes name or role.

Would be good to know if this on the roadmap.

vinodrs
Participant

API should contain below information also

• User Email address
  • User Role
  • Last Login date
  • Created date
  • MFA status
  • Is the user federated
hilton22
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Diamond

+1

As a Hubspot partner, recently we have another client that complains about Hubspot not able to provide users and teams data through a API endpoint. It's vital for their project to know, in a automatic way, witch user role and team is accessing their application integrated with Hubspot.

nilskr
Participant

Yes please, needing it for onboarding new employees easier.

Statut mis à jour : Idea Submitted
mgeorgieva
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hello all,

Thank you all so much for your feedback and patience. We've a Public Users API in beta with user provisioning endpoints accessible using Oauth. The Public Users API will let partners, developers and customers provision users (add users to accounts) and deprovision users (remove users from accounts) into HubSpot programmatically. You can read the entire documentation of the API in our docs on this page - https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/settings/user-provisioning - with a password Hub$potUser!

We're still adding more features to the API but let me know if you have any preliminary feedback.

Best,

Maggie

Statut mis à jour : In Beta
mgeorgieva

rpiola
Participant

Great step! however, simply adding and deleting users, without the ability to list them (with their roles), and assign teams and roles is far from being really useful in large companies (by default, a user has no teams and a "can do almost everything" role....). moreover, I'd like to be able to set name, and maybe also phone number and picture via API: we do have mobile phone numbers and pictures for hundreds of users in Active Directory, and we'd like to sync them automatically.

Statut mis à jour : Idea Submitted
mgeorgieva

Thank you for the feedback. We're actually currently working on SCIM integration with Okta, Active Directory and OneLogin to make the process of provisioning users safe and automated. If you use any of these Identity Providers and are interested in testing this new functionality, can you send me a direct message through the forum here?

Best,

Maggie

hasmukh
Membre

Webhook subscription should contain User creation.