HubSpot Ideas

Carlin

Quote options for customers to select and agree to

I'm a big fan of the quote function taht allows the customer to digitally sign agree to the quote sent, however many of our products have 'optional extras' that a client might wish to purchase. It woudl be great if there was a way to include a tick-box finction so that the customer could shoose which prodcuts they would like to sign up to.

26 Commentaires
mperry
HubSpot Employee

Hey @Carlin !

So I'll agree with you here in saying that quotes are awesome, we are working towards having the quoutes tool more customisable and we've just released a public BETA: Use custom proposal templates with quotes (BETA), That might be something you would be interested in.

Now there is no mention within the BETA of having the option to toggle on/select additional products from within a quote, but with the templates being opened up in the design manager there is nothing stopping you from custom coding in that functionality?

j-z
Membre | Partenaire solutions Elite
Membre | Partenaire solutions Elite

Would like to build interactive forms and/or product configurators (similar to morphologic box) 

- Much faster implementation - no or minimal dev required

- Much better user experience than static basic forms  - lead to higher conversion rate

- Enable highly customised nutures campaigns based on form submissions

- Enable Product order forms for sales purposes

Screenshot 2020-10-02 at 12.16.17.png

conversionmill
Membre

It would be great to have the ability to offer "Good / Better / Best" options when generating quotes.

We offer monthly service plans to clients and have several different levels of service we can provide. I'd like to be able to send a quote that lists the features of each plan and allows the customer to select which option they would prefer from the quote. 

The final look would be very similar to what you have here, but include a checkbox or some way to allow the user to select which plan they're going with before signing the quote.

Marketing_Software_Pricing___HubSpot.png

mdeluca
Membre

I would like to be able to create a quote to send to a client and they if they choose they can update the quantity of a product line item. 

Ex. setup quote for 10 x Widgets, and client can change that to any number they wish.

I would also like to  be able to have line items as optional so they can select what they want in the final order. If they want to go with the preferred option they simply select it or remove the other one (Or set to quantity 0).

Currently the process would require them to reach out to our sales agent and then the sales agents would need to update the quote and resent back to the client. The goal here is to be able to send quote and get approval\sign back quickly.

lfrancis1
Participant

Hi HubSpot Team,

Would be great to have multiple options in one quote.

Currently, we are having to create multiple quotes, for our customers this means cliecking on different links and flicking between different tabs to compare options. The CX would be much cleaner if they could have all the information they needed in a single quote link.

Could we had the abality to provide multiple options in one quote and a comment box for each quote option? That would be fantastic.

Interested to know if this would help anyone else..

Best,
Liam

joelgrossman
Participant

When sending out a quote, I also need to collect information from a customer (for example, Accounts Payable contact info or the EIN).

I'd like Hubspot forms to be able to accept customer input, with both required and not required fields, like other document signing solutions.

NKolb
Membre

This similiar idea has come up several times in the formum, and whil I udnerstand the beta allows for this to be cutomized, it would be nice to have some of these simple customization options withouth having to have a developer code them for us. 

famnella
Membre

Upvote!

DHendrickx
Membre

Upvoted! 🙂

jk12
Participant

After years in the making, custom quotes finally shipped (see original beta thread here https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Customize-Quote-template-appearance/idi-p/193644

However there is still no support for CPQ/optional items selected by the customer. To me this is absurd given the high cost of hubspot sales pro, but cheap solutions out there like betterproposals.io, proposify, pandadoc, and bidsketch are still so much more advanced when it comes to proposals. Yes these are focused exclusively on proposal generation but they're also 1/10 or less of the price of sales pro and one might argue that proposals are a key part of sales software..

hannahclee
Membre | Partenaire solutions

Reiterating the need for optional items or add-ons within the same quote. We're facing the same issue as lfrancis1 - having to generate way too many quotes to show all of the different options available. 

This is a feature on payment links (allowing customers to edit quantities and add items) so why can't the same functionality apply for quotes? 

RJx
Participant

This is very important for our company as well. We work on a daily basis with optional elements in quotes. We are waiting for it to be implemented very soon.

kycam25
Membre

This is extremely important for our business. We continue to have to use pandadoc on top of HubSpot for quotes currently due to no optional line items. Would love to see this implemented in the near future.

famnella
Membre
MInglis
Participant

Liam, I'm curious if you ever found a solution. This is exactly what my team needs, and as of July 2023, I still don't think this is possible. 

@lfrancis1 

MSchofield
Membre

Literally just wrote out a quote and they emailed back asking for a quantity amendment and to verbally accept a line item that had been included as an option.

The way we get around the optional extras is put the quantity as zero but do show the price, then have a discussion or email if they want it.

KatieMcCauley
Membre

@hubspot, any update on this? We have multiple pricing options for our prospects as to whether they want to purchase on a SaaS or Capex basis. It would be great if we could generate 2 quote options for them to choose from.

lfontana
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting. 

SevenRoots
Membre

Dear HubSpot Support Team,

I am writing to urgently request the addition of a critical feature to the HubSpot quoting system. As a regular user of HubSpot's CRM and Sales tools, one feature that is noticeably absent and highly needed is the ability for customers to select and add optional items directly to their quotes.

Current Limitations:
Currently, the quoting functionality in HubSpot does not allow customers to interactively choose optional items or services they might want to add to their quotes. This limitation results in a cumbersome process for both our sales team and our customers, as we have to create multiple quotes for different options or engage in back-and-forth communications for adjustments.

Why This Feature is Important:

• >> Enhanced Customer Experience: Allowing customers to select options directly within a quote would significantly streamline their decision-making process, leading to a better customer experience.
  • >> Increased Efficiency: It would reduce the administrative burden on our sales team, eliminating the need to generate multiple quotes for different scenarios.
  • >> Competitive Parity: Many other CRM and sales platforms offer this functionality, and its absence in HubSpot puts us at a disadvantage.

Suggested Implementation:
A feature where optional items or services can be listed in the quote, with the capability for customers to select or deselect them according to their needs, and select custom quantities for each item, would be ideal. The total quote value should dynamically update based on the customer’s selections and the quantities they choose.

Conclusion:
This feature is not just a nice-to-have, but a necessity in the current competitive landscape. It would be a significant enhancement to HubSpot's already robust platform, aligning it with customer expectations and market standards.

I hope this request will be considered with the urgency it deserves. Many other users in the HubSpot Community have expressed a similar need, indicating a broad-based demand for this functionality.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to a positive and swift response.

MInglis
Participant

Upvoting @SevenRoots