HubSpot Ideas

DwiP

Quote - Custom Discount only for specific month

When users create Quotes, they can set the term of the products. For example a 6 months products with monthly billing frequency.

However, users are not able to set a custom discount for specific months. For example, for the first 3 months, user would be able to set a custom discount of 30% and then it would be 0% discount from the 4th month onwards.

Quote Pic 2.jpg

The current solution is customer would need to create 2 quotes: The first quote for the first 3 months where there is a 30% discount. The second quote for the last 3 months, where there is no custom discount.

It would be a great new feature, if users can set custom discount for specific months in the quote.

~Submitted on behalf of Anders

11 Replies
andyjih

Strongly agree! We want to make deals for a one year contract, but give a discount for the first 6 months of that contract.

SamanthaRK

It would be very helpful to have a 'one-time' discount option when creating recurring quotes & invoices.

For example, when creating an annual invoice of $10,000 a year, we'd like to offer a discount for their first year as a thank you for working with us. But when adding the discount to my quote,  it affects every year and not just the first year. This creates unnecessary work for not just our team to have to remember to follow up with the customer when their pay cycle is up in a year, but also for the customer who will have to fill out another invoice with their payment details.

We could use a workaround by editing in Stripe directly but that's also another manual step to remember, and we want to keep all our invoices in Hubspot for reporting needs.

Kevin84

I also need this, we offer a discount for the first year and I want this to show on the quote and for it to automatically bill rather than using a note on the quote.

EdA

Agreed - this is a pain point on our end.

therealjc

Need this function!

EWarren

Very much agree! We need this exact use case (Discount applies for X months and then bill reverts to full amount). 

JesseP

Has anyone figured out how to do this yet?  We discount the first year of SAAS and then revert to the original amount.  Any ideas?

ABrenzi

Everyone still waiting for this to be possible?  Seems like a pretty basic request and extremely needed for any type of sass or service model.  I can't believe hubspot doesn't have offers like this for their own clients.

AdamSchomaker

This solution is a simple one time discount of a $ value. It works for my situation but may also work for yours. Discounting Year 1 of a multiple year deal on annual subscription fees.

Add your line item for your Fee with the full unit price. Then add another line item custom or from your library, title it wahtever you want, I did "Promotion Discount | Annual Fees" and in the description write what the discount is stating as  One-Time Discount against X.  Set Billing Frequency of At Payment, adjust it to be a One Time Payment, Unit price leave at $0 and then discount that as your dollar value. It will apply a one time negative value against the total of the agreement. Thus you've provided the discount as thje $ value off the annual fee just one on a multiple year deal. Then your annual fee item above doesn't have any discount so future years will be at full value as the one time payment discount was applied at the first invoice of signing.

Hopefully that works for you as well.

ABrenzi
@AdamSchomaker

Thank you for the potential work around.

The issue I face is that we do this increase in steps over the first
year....

How would you recommend approaching this for graduated pricing over the
first year?
VCondratov

Hubspot is not moving this and it's ridiculous that there are so many threads around improving their very basic and rudimental quoting features which is sub par in comparison to most quoting tools out there.