HubSpot Ideas

jolle

Quickbooks integration — enable bulk contact/product/invoice importing

I know that the current HubSpot-Quickbooks integration is still being developed, but I'm running into limitations with a client setup.

As it stands, contacts, invoices, and products will sync with HubSpot only as they are created or updated. That's fine for new records created moving forward, but it's a limitation for historical/currently open records. The Salesforce integration allows us to bulk import contacts, companies, and deals, so I'm hoping that the Quickbooks integration will allow us to do the same.

When creating an invoice in HubSpot, we're able to see the full Quickbooks product library, but we need to specifically search for products. This gives off the impression that not all product options are available and confuses the sales team. Plus, when we initially use the HubSpot quote tool to create estimates, we don't see the full Quickbokos product library (only what's in HubSpot).

We can export products from Quickbooks and import them into HubSpot, but I don't believe that they are deduplicated or synced since the source in HubSpot would be that import, not the integration. So if changes are made in Quickbooks, they wouldn't sync up.

The workaround here is making a manual change to every individual product in Quickbooks (since the record being updated is the sync trigger). That's definitely not a scalable or permanent solution, so I'm hoping that bulk record importing/exporting will become a reality soon! Thanks!!

0 Upvotes