HubSpot Ideas

matheusjiran

Queued Delay in Workflows (or Webhooks)

Something that would be useful for some custom integration would be a way to enqueue Webhooks sent from HubSpot. 

My problem: I enroll 3k contacts in a workflow that sends a Webhook. Then I get the webhook listener overwhelmed because everything is sent at once. 
I wish there was a way to set a minimum interval between the webhooks HubSpot sends. Then I'd be able to enroll 3k contacts, but the webhooks would be sent 1 per second, for example.

There is an automatic Delay, but the first attempt must get a timeout for it to happen. I'd the like the freedom do set this up =]

I understand this would not be a priority, but here is an idea. If you need it, upvote it!

3 Replies
Lupo_Maai
Member | Platinum Partner

We also have this problem where we have 60k objects that need to be enrolled in a Workflow that communicates to an API with a 5 request per second limit.

WRumph
HubSpot Employee

Would love to see this implemented!

ARich
Contributor

I agree with this! In Zapier it's called a "delay after queue" and something similar to that would be fantastic. The other commentors are talking thousands of contacts, but I'm able to overwhelm the secondly limit with only a couple of hundred contacts and a custom code action. It's important to have the delay queue to ensure that these workflows work as expected.