HubSpot Ideas

MMT

QUOTES - Default settings for all quotes (terms, tax settings, expiry of quotes)

MOST CRM platforms that integrate with Finance systems, or systems that are able to generate QUOTES, will allow for preconfigured settings for all quotes, company wide.  

Feature request

1. Terms and conditions - allowing our company terms and conditions to be easily added to all quotes
  2. Tax settings - set default tax tax settings for all quotes, eg. 10% GST etc
  3. Tax - set default tax definition (GST, VAT etc)
  4. Expiry of quotes - set default expiry period for all quotes

Benefits

1. Avoid human errors and mistakes
  2. Saves time in creating quotes
  3. Ensure all terms are correctly applied and understood
  4. Ensures more seamless experience between Hubspot, our company and customers
22 Comentarios
MissTipsi
Colaborador líder

Throw in default quote language as well

tjurado
Miembro

Hi all,

I absolulty agree with MMT. Please let us know if you are working on this?

Feature request

1. Terms and conditions - allowing our company terms and conditions to be easily added to all quotes
  2. Tax settings - set default tax tax settings for all quotes, eg. 10% GST etc
  3. Tax - set default tax definition (GST, VAT etc)
  4. Expiry of quotes - set default expiry period for all quotes

Benefits

1. Avoid human errors and mistakes
  2. Saves time in creating quotes
  3. Ensure all terms are correctly applied and understood
  4. Ensures more seamless experience between Hubspot, our company and customers

Kind regards

Ucidity
Miembro | Partner

Yes, 100%. Take a leaf out of Xero's hat, now that you're buddies and see how they do it. 

MMT
Colaborador

SILENCE IS A KILLER... again Hubspot.  

After more than 12 months posting this, absolute silence, nothing.   

While we realise these features may not be something you can UPSELL customers, the are absolutely essential for anyone using a CRM feature with quoting features.  However, if you value the feedback of the community to help improve HubSpot and what it offers, then everyone wins, HubSpot wins as it will drive more loyal customers.  The flipside is that if it only focuses on new product features to upsell customers, then it will lose out bad, and loyal customers will leave.  

Will HubSpot moderators continue to stay silent?

Or will it do the courteous (and right) thing to update the broader Hubspot community, and existing customers around how and when these fixes will be fast tracked and made available. 

nsmircic
Miembro

Yes please, and add the default language for a quote as well (as MissTipsi already added)

viennarr
Miembro

Tax settings - set default tax tax settings for all quotes, eg. 10% GST etc

Tax - set default tax definition (GST, VAT etc)

^ Upvoting above mentioned features as they are *basic* requirements needed to send out quotes.

KAunkst
Miembro

Yes to all of these! I was surprised to find that such basic finctionality was not standard in hubspot since som nay other things have worked so flawlessly. 

We need to auto calculate sales tax according to region, have default terms and conditions (I'd love templates because we have different T&C depening on what type of service you're purchasing). 

SBaumber
Miembro

These features would save a lot of time and ensure a lot more consistency company- wide

DBramhall
Miembro

New to Hubspot and currently going through the implimentation. 

Upvoting the above mentioned features and agree that they are basic requirements.

I'm particully stunned that tax can not be added by default. Can anyone confirm if this is on the roadmap? 

MSala7
Miembro

I am also very interested by a default tax tax settings for all quotes. 

Any update by the Hubspot team ?

RTraboulsi
Miembro

Could we have an answer to this question? 

GrahameAndrews
Miembro

I would also like to see this implemented. For me it would be:

1. Member discount (deafult 20%)

2. GST (goods and services tax - default 10%)

@hubspot, would welcome HubSpot participation in the conversation! 

mortenstaal
Participante | Partner nivel Platinum

This is much needed

DaynaPrince
Miembro

Ditto, quote defaults for all these. We especially would like default terms PLEASE!

HegeAbelson
Miembro

The norwegian translation "25% skatt" is not correct. It should say "25% merverdiavgift" or "25% mva". I hope you would consider doing this change.

TashKearney
Miembro

These really are basic quote functionality that should have been included before any quoting module was released. These aren't improvement requests, these really are a break fix as its not working as you would expect - please fix this urgently to make everyones lives easier

purplegoanna
Participante | Partner nivel Elite

@hubspot can you share some info on if auto- calculating tax settings will be added soon. This discussion has been going on for years and no replies above.  

For HubSpot to compete in the upmarket, this is highly important as is pricing tiers. 

as an agency we are delivering complex integrations and the two main areas force HubSpot customers to use other systems are auto calculating tax and pricing tiers.

it just gets too manual and opens up too many opportunities for error for their sales teams. 

I have 5 large integration projects all requiring the same thing. please can you comment. 

PErschler
Miembro

Yes, it should be integrate....Strange to put the tax manually on each quotation...on this kind of software.😒...very poor

MikhailK
Colaborador | Partner nivel Diamond

We've just released an update to our HubSpot App 1ClickTools, that extends Workflows capabilities with new actions, and one of the actions is Add tax to a quote - https://www.resonatehq.com/hubspot-quote-tools  Also you can generate quotes automatically, add line items from product library and do much more via HubSpot workflows

GrahameAndrews
Miembro

This doesn't quite solve the problem. The 1ClickTools Add Tax function only works once you create the quote and then exit it (before publishing).

You have to set up a workflow, add a delay (to give you time to write the quote and then exit it).

When writing the quote you have to create it, save and exit (before the time delay expires) and then open the quote again, check the tax was added and go through the steps to Publish it.  

It is actually less work to just add the tax manually during the writing of the quote.

It also doesn't include the functionality to Add One-time Discount or Fee.