HubSpot Ideas

lantek

QR Reader integration to CRM

We recently went to a trade show where each attendee badge had a pre-generated QR code with their personal contact information. This information could then be exported as a CSV file for an import to HubSpot. I was wondering if you could develop a tool that could read these QR codes (no matter what service they are generated from) and automatically add them to a pre-made campaign in HubSpot to further automate our marketing needs? I ask because I would like to be able to create emails prior to the show start, add the smart list of contacts to the email to be sent and ultimately send an email at the end of each day thanking them for stopping by our booth. 

29 Replies
COReilly
Contributor

This function in the HubSpot Mobile App would be amazing. Open HubSpot App, Scan Badge, Make Notes, Save!

MBChase

Is HubSpot interested in the integration of a QR code scanner in addition to it's business card reader solution?

The_Fox

YES!  We go to many trade shows every year and would appreciate being able to scan nametags and automatically add or update our Hubspot contacts on the floor.

Davemac

Great Idea. Has Hubsopt replied anywhere on this as it really would be a good addition to their app. 

JesseAtLiquid
Participant

I would also like to see the App function as more of a lead retrieval tool, such as a badge scanner. Hubspot, do you see potential here?

basil
Key Advisor

+1

baumshelter

This would be ideal for us.

We set up a new landing page and form or each trade show. Manually gather lead information on a tablet or laptop, make notes and submit.

If we could scan the QR code on the attendees badge, make comments or notes and then submit, it would really speed up the process.

SarahMarionete

This would be a great tool for us to use when sponsering events

CornerPost

Great idea for promotions as well. So you can send it out to customers via email and then it's tracked for redemption via deal in hubspot against customer.

danielavc

This would be amazing! We only host two big events per year and it's hard to justify the high cost for third party integrations. This would speed up the lead process, with this, our business could qualify leads on the spot and set them off on their appropriate workflows.

lantek

Thanks for all the comments and upvotes on this. I have not seen anything regarding development of this tool from Hubspot however when I initially asked they told me to post on here in hopes it will gain enough traction. Be sure to share this post with your fellow marketers using Hubspot if you think they are interested and would like to comment! Let's help make this a reality. 

JesseAtLiquid
Participant

For sure! Our company is still interested in this also.

The_Fox

I agree- we could really use this feature as well!

EileenP
Participant | Partner

We need this as well - and it doesn't appear there has been any functionality added, from what I see on the Hubspot site. Has anyone found a pass through solution, for instance, another QR scanner that would read a badge at an event and perhaps zap it to Hubspot? Thanks

lantek

@EileenP I have not seen this functionality from Hubspot, but there are some services out there that can do it for a fee. Given that I have a smaller team and only go to one large show a year I couldn't justify the added expense and decided to just use the show provided lead gen tool. That said, if you have a larger team and attend a lot of events it may make more sense for you. The one I saw a demo of that had capabilities of accessing various attendee databases and creating an API connection to Hubspot was Akkroo. Make sure the services you are looking at can access the show database, otherwise you will run into issues of it only extracting their name, email, and company and not the other information provided when they registered for the show which for us marketers is crucial information. Hope this helps! Good luck in your search

lgray

I'm disappointed hubspot doesn't have a QR manager function. We are using them directly in our marketing and I forsee more growth with the ablility to scan without a barcode reader app.

gpheilman

As stated by many, the ability to scan a badge at a trade show would improve productivity and provide more time to focus on our customers. Our customer time can be very limited, so quick access to the information is important. My idea is to be able to scan a bar code, QR code, which is getting more popular, or the name badge in most any format. If HubSpot can scan a business card, a name badge with Personal Name, Company Name and Title should be a reasonable option. Others primarily asked if this data can be automatically input into the Contact data base. In my case I would like to have this as option two as follows. Generally, prior to the trade show I have an attendee list that is loaded into HubSpot. So, after scanning I want a search of my data base with any potential matches to be displayed for confirmation (It would be nice if only one contact came up, but without an e-mail more than one may show).  If there is no match, then I want to load the information as a new contact. After either of these two paths are executed, I would like a predesigned template to come up with minimal contact information.  This template can used to collect new information easily and quickly, focused on the particular discussion.  It would also be nice to take advantage of the mic on the phone to verbally enter details.  Big time saver and more accurate.

bkavade
Participant

+1

KerrieSheaves
Participant

With COVID we need to record who's attending our business so a QR code generator integration would be ideal now.

roselleebarle

One simpler use case would be to send a hubspot QR code to contacts who signed up on your form.

For each attendee, we can automate sending the QR code to the email of the attendee. If you have an event/booking system that generates a URL, that when visited will auto accepts/reject an attendee depending on its email/account. Otherwise a simple QR code generator API would be enough. 

Ideally any reader should be able to read the QR code or else it will be an added cost having to install/develop a scanner solely for that. So, the key would then be to input in the QR code a link that does the intended logic.

Thoughts?