HubSpot Ideas

KevinFMTV

Provide more info in chat about device type, location, browser type, source, etc.

Having the ability to see

• breadcrumb trail of viewed pages in this and previous sessions
  • IP Geo location
  • device type - mobile, tablet, desktop
  • browser type  
  • referral source / organic / ppc, social etc 

Are a few great ways to help the chat rep have a much better understanding of the current visitor so they can better provide quicker help.  For example, if you know certain parts of your site may not be ideal on mobile and the person is having an issue... or if they are asking for a price... by seeing this other info you can have a pretty good idea of what product they were looking at and hoping to find pricing on. 

Also as the user continues to click around the site, insert that URL in the chat timeline so you can know where they are continuing to click around to as you talk with them. 

image (7).png

11 Replies
gkasp_inst

Yes! We esp. need to know how many chat session occur from Mobile devices versus desktop.

rwong
HubSpot Employee

Hi guys, upvoting this on behalf of my customer! He'd like to see his browsing habits of website visitors, e.g. whether they're using mobile or desktop. This would help him to decide as well whether to hide the chat widget on mobile devices, since the screen size is already quite small on mobile. 

CEdmunds

This would be very helpful for our team in troubleshooting quickly

lgibbons
Participant

We absolutely need this! We were using LiveChat before we moved to HubSpot, but frankly the LiveChat system works so much better, providing plenty of information about where the user is from, how many times they have visited the site, their previous conversations etc. Even being able to tell if the user is still online or if they've left the website would be helpful.

StefanEG

Has anyone had any luck with this? I've been following a similar thread here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Log-visitors-IP-address-immediately-in-chat/idc-p/517...

It's a great idea. Seems like something that should at least get an answer back on?!

El_Gallo
Participant

This is standard on Live Chat (and most chat platforms) which is great and really helps in terms of visibility for potential up-sales and anticipating ways to assist the customer quicker! 

KHardisty
Participant

Any update on this? I see the idea was submitted! That's great. This would be incredibly helpful for us!

Benanton

Needed!!

MSadr-Hashemi

+1 we've had this request internally

LMartinez50

I cant believe that a Service Hub don't provide with further client information such as browser they are using, IP Address, Operating System, Version of the browser, etc Like with Intercom. I mean Service Hub is a Support function and not having this information just means we have to ask the customers for questions that we should know!! I am very impressed that this is not active for Service Hub, it is really dissapointing 😞 

BDecoclim

yes, this feature is absolutly requested by our Marketing and Service Teams. thank you to take this idea in deep consideration.