HubSpot Ideas

mschnitt

HubSpot Outlook integration for MAC users

We have a number of MAC users. It would be nice to have HubSpot integrate with Outlook for MAC users. Is this a feature that will be available soon?

266 Replies
SRuston

Wait until you try to add Multiple Office 365 email accounts and have paid for Enterprise to get SSO, that doesn't work either. You have to turn off SSO, add the extra accounts then reenable it or you just keep signing into the account that you use for SSO. Hubspot really is poor and the testing seems to be very shoddy

SRuston

Mia, sharing a page that says it's not supported when Outlook for Mac new version is a year old isn't a good enough excuse. 

Datsunzcr

THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN. PERIOD. It cannot take that much to migrate the existing Office 365 add-in for Exchange Server. They are almost the same platform. I run outlook on Exchange Server on my mac, 2 pc, MacBook and iPhone. My PC's run the app on the computer and everything works. Why isn't there an app for Mac like the PC's have? Millions of people run Mac... They sell more computers than all the PC manufacuters. Time to grow up... please. Pretty please... I got rid of hubspot because it was logging emails from junk and spam... it isn't doing that anymore, but I just need to log the emails...

PS.. for those of you that need to log the emails, send a BBC to your foward email that is in in Setting, Objects, Activities, Email Logging. It will not auto fill in the Bcc, so make a contact for hubspot with your forward email and then make sure that you fill in the BCC with the contact. 

jeaster

Obviously, desktop version of Outlook is easeir to work and schedule meetings, but we are not able to log emails automatically. A desktop outlook add-in for Mac (like what they have for PC) would make this so much easier. 

TAult

The Office 365 add in does not support the new Outlook for Mac.  Tracking of emails in HubSpot is not enabled.  The old MacOS version supported this.

NHøegmark

Hi there

Could you please consider making an outlook desktop add-on for MAC? It would be extremely helpful for all of us Mac-users. So fare it only works with the online version of outlook and thats just not good enough considering Hubspot is such a great platform.
Please let me know your considerationes on this - THANKS 🙂 

Best regards 
Niels

DHoffmann

I agree and am having the same issue. I'd prefer Hubspot work with Microsoft to fix this.

FSande

I can't believe this is still an issue in 2022 - Please integrate with Apple Mail ASAP. 

ZatAdam

@FSande I'm wondering the exact same thing! 

We are currently working through changes in the business where I work, to imbed the behaviour to use a CRM initially within sales and then throughout the company.

When constantly questioned on the suitability of HubSpot vs its major competitor, due to the limitations of the platform for Mac users, lacking core features, ultimately makes the internal Hubspot Advocate/evangelist look like a fool and reduces Director buy-in to it as a suitable platform which undermines the changes that are trying to be achieved throughout the business - its a spiral.

Hubspot is basically handing reluctant users a reason not to use the platform, which ultimately will reduce Hubspot's revenue when it is inevitably declared not fit for purpose by wider stakeholders. 

jag1

Any update on this? This is ridiculous. My Outlook signature disappears and I cannot even get the tracking working. Such basic functionality. Please get your product team back from vacation.

AGordon90

It's very frustrating that HubSpot hasn't updated the software yet to work with the new Outlook. Unfortunately, I failed to recognize it worked only with the old version and spent the last 4 hours troubleshooting. A lot of frustration after speaking to 2 HubSpot techs and reading/testing many different things. Please fix soon, HubSpot

TMacleod
Participant

I'm getting very close to moving our company off hubspot to another CRM that integrates with Apple Mail.   I appreciate that Threads has a workaround, but that's another monthly cost which grows as email volume data increases.  We're already paying for Hubspot so it should integrate directly with Apple Mail.  I'm blown away that Hubspot is missing the mark on this.  So much time wasted trying to figure this out.  Super frustrating.  Should be a simple integration. 

ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

@TMacleod appreciate your frustration 😞 I belive the issue is down to the fact that Apple does not provide any supportfor third-party developers to create add-ons for Apple Mail rather than a HubSpot development issue. However, if you decide to use our workaround, our monthly cost will only increase if you choose not to delete emails after they have been imported to HubSpot. Our basic plans include 25GB of data which usually provides most of our subscribers with plenty of storage.

TMacleod
Participant

Hey there, thanks for the reply 🙂  despite Apple not providing support, I'm wondering how some other CRM's have been able to integrate with Apple Mail, but Hubspot can't - ?   The workaround we're speaking of with Threads... that costs me an additional monthly charge to Threads which increases as the date usage grows.  Unless i'm missing something there?  I'm in the process of trying to get Threads set up to test it, and unfortuantely their platform also feels a little glitchy / slow.   

TCostello2

A desktop outlook add-in for Mac (like what they have for PC) - is this in the works?  

AKyle

Has there been a fix for this? I have not been able to track emails for a very long time. Just figured out I had to switch back to the old outlook. I HATE it! Please tell me there is a fix.

Amigouët

I confirm that it is a very disabling bug on Mac.

tcross81
Participant

This issue of not tracking email for new Outlook for Mac needs to be addressed. It still does not work. The text selected in the red box does not even exist on that page anymore.
https://knowledge.hubspot.com/connected-email/how-to-install-hubspot-sales

ob241
Participant

Hi Mia,

Following up on this as Outlook is now pushing me towards the new version. This banner is now appearing in my Outlook; it reads "The new version [of Outlook] will launch the next time Outlook starts". I am extremely reluctant to switch to the new Outlook for Mac before this compatability issue is sorted, but quite honestly the onus is on you guys to upgrade your compatability. Surely a massive proportion of your user base are using Outlook on Mac? Could you escalate this to make sure we are not in a situation where the old Outlook is no longer accessable to us while HubSpot is not compatabile with the new Outlook? Thank you!

Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 20.27.21.png

tcross81
Participant

"The onus in on you guys". You are 1000% correct. New Outlook for Mac has been out for over a year and it is now the default experience in the Current Channel.

According to the post below you will still be able to change back to legacy, but for how long?
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/outlook-blog/get-ready-for-the-new-outlook-for-mac/ba-p/28977...

At least someone, preferably a developer, respond on the status.

Based on how long New Outlook for Mac has been available, my guess is that they can't figure it out or its just flat out not possible. No one from HubSpot just wants to come out and say it.