HubSpot Ideas

kaylasdi

Property Field Type - Percentage

It would be very beneficial to have a property field type that is a percentage for calculations. We are attempting to use a percentage as a "Confidence Factor" that the sales rep fills in based on how likely they feel they will win a sale. This would then be used to calculate a dollar amount for forecasting purposes.

27 Replies
kaylasdi
Participant

FYI, I did figure out one workaround:

1) Created number field property for the percentage to be entered into

2) Created calculation field property to convert percentage number into a decimal

3) Created calculation field property to multiply decimal field by deal amount

I was then able to create a report using the data out of the 3rd field to see a forecast. I also realize I could have the sales reps enter in a decimal instead of a percentage, but we felt that leaves a lot more room for potential error. This will work for me but still wish there was a percentage option to begin with!

AlexiaCooper

Great workaround except for this only works if you have the ability to keep it to only 3 decimal points. I would love for HubSpot to either implement a percentage field or the ability to use 4 decimal points. 

TPiotrowski
Participant

Would be great if this was an option rather than a workaround! For scoring and calculation purposes!

FlorianHendrick
Participant

thx implemented with this workaround but indeed a better way would be to have a percentage field

jmbray
Participant

+1 for adding percentage property type 

sales
Contributor

HS already has the ability with Deal probability and Forecast probability. Give us the tools too!!!

mcannizzo
Participant | Elite Partner

Would be great to be able to do something as simple as convert "0.15" to "15%" in a property. Perhaps in the format data action in the operations hub? 

Alternatively, you could add format data action that would allow you to insert a % after a number. So, number property will value of 15 >>> add % 15 making it 15%.

Revvmarketing
Participant | Partner

I have started designing something with workflows and google sheets.  Still have lots of work to do. But, you can install the Google Sheets App then use workflows to send the names of the leads to a column, then use another workflow to send deal names to another column.  Then to translate that into counts, you can use this formula in Google Sheets =countif(A2:A171, "<>") just replace your numbers there.  Next step, add another column for percentage and use division.  I noticed dashboards allow external embeds, so you could possibly embed the google sheet into a dashboard and have your KPI close rates, or whatever percentages there. 

AVChrista
Contributor | Elite Partner

I agree, it would be helpful to have percentage as an option for property fields.

JMogard
Contributor | Elite Partner

Agree! I guess for basic calculations, you can just divide the value by 100 in the calculation property formula, but from a user point of view, and the ability to use it in reports, it would be very nice to have. Nice if it could also auto-format 0.15 to 15% etc.

SupriyShiyekar

Daisy-CD

BMcCracken

ThaisCampbell
HubSpot Employee

Great idea! 

Kristiina

Agree with everyone here, especially:

Would be great to be able to do something as simple as convert "0.15" to "15%" in a property. Perhaps in the format data action in the operations hub? 

Alternatively, you could add format data action that would allow you to insert a % after a number. So, number property will value of 15 >>> add % 15 making it 15%.

We are calculating activation for our customers based on number of licenses they have bought, and number of users that are active last 30 days. This is then visualized in the activation property done through calculation, but it gives us an unformatted number - would rather have it directly into a percentage.

IPasarius

Yes please, it's simply as formatting 0,20 to 20% .

CFrasier

+1 for this feature!

PJD4

agreed with everyone here

FSmith9

Agree, please implement.

NicoleJ
HubSpot Moderator

+1