HubSpot Ideas

SamuelSt

Progressive profiling: Do not pre-populate certain form fields

The goal of this feature is to ensure that form fields are not re-submitted with information that is no longer current. This would make the forms functionality more powerful and useful to users.

For example, if you have a form field called "Question" for a form called "Contact Us" - did you know that if a person had submitted a question in January, and then came back in February to use the "Contact Us" form again, then their answer to the "Question" field would be pre-field?

That is really confusing. I am pretty sure the person coming back in February has a different question than the one they asked in January...

Instead, there should be an option to turn off the automatic pre-fill for the "Question" field when progressive profiling is turned on.

0 Upvotes
1 Reply
isabellweiss
Contributor

Hi @SamuelSt while doing some research I came across your post and I noticed that there is a similar idea that was submitted to the ideas forum that you might be interested in: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Pre-populate-certain-fields/idi-p/11122 🙂