HubSpot Ideas

palmerij2

Progressive Form Fields, But For Required Deal Stage Properties Updates

Can we get the same sort of "dependent" functionality that we see in HubSpot Progressive Form Fields, but for required updated deal stage properties? 

EX: If my sales rep is required to update a property when moving a deal to Closed/Lost (ex: "Closed Lost Reason"), it would be great if the option they select from that drop-down menu could prompt a second dependent field that would be dependent on the Closed Lost Reason dropdown answer. 

18 Kommentare
willcurran
Stratege/Strategin

Smart!

StephanieB
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Elite Partner

Oh my gosh yes PLEASE this would be so helpful

DevinRZC_DM
Teilnehmer/-in

This would be pretty awesome. In our case, we have certain fields we'd like to require based on the deal type (within the same pipeline) but can't make them required since certain fields may not be required for other deal types. 

We use deal types for each product level we sell for more context as to how/why required information varies across the pipeline.

Yourfriendadam
Teilnehmer/-in

That flow would be a huge improvement - great idea!

Carly_Watson
Teilnehmer/-in

We would LOVE this! It would make our lives so much easier! We have a lot of conditional fields that are only required for certain kinds of deals and this would really cut down on the work we have to do to get around not having this functionality.

GailB
Teilnehmer/-in

This could potentially save hours of work backfilling information, love it love it love it

beccaes
Mitglied

I love this! We also have a handful of "either/or" type properties, and currently don't have a great way to ensure that one or the other is filled.

Stan_Tutlo
Teilnehmer/-in

We need this very much

callie
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

This is exactly what I was after this morning! Hoping there's some traction on this feature request. 

mimimrda
Teilnehmer/-in

This will be super helpful, especially when the team is technologically challenged! Would help a lot with confusion

DSchneider
Mitglied

I believe this is standard functionality in Salesforce.  C'mon Hubspot, catch up!

HBart
Mitglied

I'm looking for this too in order to combine 2 pipelines while preserving their differences in mandatory properties - Not solved yet but seems to be reflected here as well https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Field-Dependencies-for-Contact-Properties/idi-p/8942

WardDeruyter
Mitglied

This would be a great functionality & would help tremendously for reporting purposes.

jamabryan
Teilnehmer/-in

We need this so much!

JIrwin33
HubSpot Employee
carl-sitback
Teilnehmer/-in

Not really solved... in the OP example because it is a deal stage move, yes you can set the required fields.

But this isn't the case for making one field dependent on another, regardless of the deal stage, which would definitely still be a useful feature.

jugonzalez
HubSpot Employee

This feature is highly demanded by various customers on my BoB.  It would be very Helpful!

KRuff
Mitglied

This is absolutely needed. When you have sales people filling in information for you at different stages, you need to be able to populate specific fields based on a prior selection. This is basic functionality.