HubSpot Ideas

Luckone

Product recommendation -personalization - eCommerce

Hi HubSpot,
I'm missing in HubSpot one feature and I believe I'm not alone. From my point of view HubSpot losing a lot of potential in eCommerce.

A would like to talk about product recommendations or product personalization. This feature is commonly based on ML or AI and another automation tool like Marketo, Exponea, Mautic have this feature.

Product personalization commonly works on visitors behavioral and show them the product what they more likely to buy. You need only product feed, web tracking and something like embed code put to your website or email or blog or wherever customer could see products.

I believe that personalization has its place in Inbound methodology. So why not?

I know it's a big development so maybe find some partner and integrate this feature or the whole solution.

What I know this feature will open HubSpot the door to the eCommerce space.

What do you think?

10 Replies
hwinata

Upvoted

abiblu
Contributor

Product recommendations are essential for us.

HubSpot's competition are far ahead in this regard.

Klaviyo and DotDigital also have this feature:

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005082787-Product-Feeds-and-Recommendations

https://support.dotdigital.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360000110040-Product-recommendations-overview

Rob-NWB
Participant

This is a must-have tool for eCommerce. Klaviyo, Bronto, other EMP have this and yet Hubspot does not.

HubSpot needs to up their game significantly on the MARKETING side of things. Not all your customers are 1:1 sales people. You want to play in the eComm arena you need to add this feature- ASAP.

It's a product loop with a bit of AI - surely an even rudimentary tool would be beneficial to start with.

C'mon - Let's get this in play!!

HGilpin
Participant | Elite Partner

Completely agree with the statements above on HubSpot having significany opportunity to make improvements for ecommerce.  As was said above, not all customers are 1:1 sales people.  There are thousands and thousands and communication relies on the types of automated personalization above. 

So glad to find this thread!  We are setting up our first clients now, all ecommerce, and the little things that don't mesh well are adding up. Will be on the lookout for other upvote opportunities related to ecommerce and will submit where we see opportunity.

Agree with all above - let's get this going! 🙂 

Danish_Wadhwa
Member | Diamond Partner

This is much needed in HubSpot for e-commerce buisness.

NHutchinson
Participant

After discovering the capabilities of Bloomreach (Exponia) I find it a massive gap with Hubspot for the e-commerce market. 

This would be a massive addition to Hubspot.

Shane_Janssens
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @Luckone and all who upvoted, thank you for your patience here. We are very excited to share a step 1 in our product recommendations journey. We have delivered a Simple Recommendations tool in the Marketing Email editor (in Product module) that lets customers select from some pre-defined attributes like top sellers, recently added & price. There is more in THIS knowledgebase article.

We know customers want recommendations with AI to determine products that customer will be likely to buy. This is something we are working on but I do not have a difinitive timeline on delivery as yet. I will share more on this as soon as we can.  Hang tight, we are listening to the great feedback and ideas. We would love to hear your feedback on this feature in the interim.

Best,

Shane

MarkusHue
Contributor

Hi @Shane_Janssens 

i have seen this beta in our account. For us it would be a fine and needed feature to choose the topseller out of our deals, line items - in total an splitted in different segments (eg product groups and so on). What do you think? Is this on your agenda? BR Markus

MRosenstock

I agree that AI powered product recommendations and other applications of AI would be a huge add for us.  I would also like to see AI applied to lead scoring and pipeline % conversion added as a capability.  I'm happy to talk through any AI/ML ideas if @Shane_Janssens or anyone else from Hubspot would like to talk through ideas.  Thanks!   -Marc

theDMM
Participant

It's been nearly five years since the topic was posted and AI-powered product recommendations for websites are still not available. Nearly two years ago @Shane_Janssens (a HubSpot rep) mentioned this is being worked on, is it still being worked on? 

If HubSpot's product team is taking this feature seriously I recommend taking a look at shopbox.ai and how they've implemented AI functions.

@Rob-NWB I, too, feel as though HubSpot is dropping the ball with e-commerce, especially after our recent Shopify integration switch that was built by HubSpot - We had a terrible experience that is still affecting our operations.