HubSpot Ideas

sleitz

Product Price Discount Levels

We have products that have discount levels and it would be great to be able to enter a discount tier like 10% or 25% and also including custom discounting for specific deals

26 Comentários
Andrew3
Colaborador(a)

Great idea!  Here is how we would like the functionality to be upgraded:

1 - Use a percentage discount instead of a dollar discount

2 - Select from several drop-down pre-defined options for the discount

3 - Automatically require approvals of certain people for certain levels of discount

4 - Select a discount on a per line item or per product class basis (different discounts for different line items)

re_young
Membro

For quoting, this is an absolute Must-Have. 🙂

In Software sales, where we leverage channel sales we need to provide different discounts per line item based on the partner level and SKU selected. IE, selling a Firewall, the Hardware has a specific cost and so does the annual subscription associated with it. We are selling this through a partner like CDW-G and they normally get 25% Margin on Subscription but only 10% Margin on the Hardware. It's frustrating to calcualte it all out and then expalain it in the Discount line.

Maltonite
Membro

We need discounting based on volume; we have fixed discounts which get applied at 5,10 and 25 units. 

MJpaez
Membro

Hi, Honestly I thought that it could be possible by adding a property in Deals that it is a %, so you enter the number of discount % and then you have the result, because each client has a level of discount so I cannot alterate the price on the product configuration.

I will have to use a property explaining the % of discount and calculating manually. Because we have many products to create a new product for each %.

Best regards,

Maria

EmilyC
Membro

I agree with Maltonite. Our pricing is discounted based on quantity (number of seats in our case). We'd need to tiered pricing based on this. It would be a huge value add if we could store our pricing schedule in HubSpot.

mvd1987
Membro

I like to chip in on this as well. We want discounts to be listed as separate lines on our quotes. For better readability, but also because we give discounts on the whole deal, not on a specific product. We already tried creating a product with a negative value, or with a positive value with negative amount. Both are impossible to do. Since it seems this is only added as validation, I hope it would also be quite easy to allow.

eisenbri
Membro

We have to be able to create pricing tiers of products that are based on the base product and then have a calculated discount. For example, the base product costs $125 per unit but over 500 units there is a 10% discount, over 1000 units, there is  a15% discount. While I can create a hack by having multiple products with their own hard-coded price, this means we will manually have to alter every single product price if we ever change our base pricing.  So what is needed is a product price field that can be calculated: instead of hard-coding, we need to be able to do a calculation based on another product's price. So the price for 500 Units will say (90% * Base Price) or (Base Price-(10%*Base Price)) 

JamesHawker
Membro

We need to be able to present discounts in several ways;

1. On a given product / service (line by line on the quote).  So each product would have a cost price, a list price and a discounted price.  We want to show the savings on the quote.

2. Overall discount of the sub-total (10, 20, 30% etc.)

3. By adding in a specific redcution value (-£2,000, -£4,500 etc.)

mcraciun
HubSpot Employee

I think this would be very beneficial!

MarcM
Membro

It's crazy that you can't do this as standard Hubspot sort it out 🙂 

fjk
Membro

"Use a percentage discount instead of a dollar discount".

This.

Status atualizado para: In Planning
ethankopit
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Hey folks - we're a while out from a rules engine where you could define promotions/named-discounts and only allow them to be used in certain circumstances, but the new line items editor does support percentage discounts as well as global discounts across all line items or the entire quote.

GMarks
Participante

This would be a helpful feature for us as well. We have several different price levels as we work in nearly 100 countries with companies of all sizes. We would like to be able to assign an account a particular price level so that the sales person doesn't need to worry as much when they are creating quotes. At the moment, we will likely be relying on the global discounts and creating a custom property on the company to remind the sales team which pricing discount to use.

Eleven11
Top colaborador(a)

The product library supports editing pricing or adding discounts to line items, but we have some standard discounts that we'd like to track and report on and would like to be able to map those to coupons/offers. 

JEricsonIII
Membro

Hello, We need the ability to associate Customers/Companies to Pricing as well. As a manufacturer, we have several pricelists per Product (or multiplier, discount levels) that enable us to give specific pricing to our channels (distributors/wholesalers), Government customers, and end users or consumers in the marketplace.

In our ERP, we have a hierarchy that is based on Customer/Customer Group/Price List. 

We can not give the same price to all customers and entering another product with a fixed price in Hubspot isn't ideal either.  We have pricing for 5000 SKUs and 8 price levels so entering 40,000 parts into Hubspot seems counter intuititve. 

Does anyone have any other recommendations?

FVogt
Membro

Hi team! 🙂 

I would like to adress  a challenge that we are facing when creating quotes in Hubspot. We sell SaaS and quote often give discounts on certain modules of our platform only for the first year. 

• When wanting to add a discount to a line item ( a certain module) , it always appears as a 'recurring discount' in the quote for the customer. There is no way, on the line item level, to create a one time discount. 

Is there something we are missing and it is possible somehow, or do you have to work around it by adding discounts to the total amount calling them 'First year discount Module XYZ', which is not ideal and involves manual work.

Thanks so much in advance
Frauke

Arun_Opto22
Colaborador(a)

I agree. We have several different pricing levels, depending on the customer, distributor, volume etc., and right now we have to go into a quote and manually change each line item.  "Products" needs to be able to have tiers.

skhristich
Membro

Very useful Product Price Discount Levels topic. Hopefully, it will appear soon

Status atualizado para: Not Currently Planned
ethankopit
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm the product manager for the Products and Line Items team. I just wanted to let you know that this feature is not on our roadmap for this quarter. It is our long term goal to provide more advanced CPQ features like discounting rules, but we're working on several other features (e.g. allowing you to add Line Items to Deals via Workflows, expanding the number of supported decimals in Product/Line Item properties) this quarter and we needed to make some hard decisions about what to prioritize. For this idea in particular, I think it's unlikely we build this feature this year. If you're in need of advanced CPQ features, I'd recommend reviewing our marketplace of connected apps that include CPQ providers.

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 25 kudos will get this treatment. 

JEricsonIII
Membro

Thanks Ethan for the update. I'm glad to hear about workflow capability to influence deal lines. I assume then we can apply logic to apply our own discounting rules by changing the discount field from $ to % and then apply a value. When will a BETA be available? Sign me up for testing!!