HubSpot Ideas

davidtaylorjr

Product Price Based On Deal

It would be nice to use the Products Module. However, our products are insurance policies and each product is priced differently for each client.  It would be nice to be able to set a custom price on each product for each client based on their particular sale.

5 Replies
hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @davidtaylorjr! That is the current functionality of the Products feature 🙂 When you add a product to a deal, you can adjust the price for that instance to be whatever you need, without impacting the listing in the Product Library.

davidtaylorjr
Participant

Ok perhaps I need to figure out how to do that then.

CJenson

HRoberts,

I am able to edit the Sales Price of the Product on the Deal but the Cost of that Product is locked down meaning that my margins are reported incorrectly if I update the Sales Price but can't update the Cost for that Product on that deal.  I want to be able to adjust the Sales Price and the Cost of a Product on the Deal without impacting the Sales Price and Cost in the Product Library.

Thanks,

Cory

feyacandleco

@hroberts  I just got done chatting with a hubspot helper and they said we weren't able to update pricing without 'going back to the product library, updating that individual product, going back to deal, creating deal, then doing it all over again when it came time to adjust the product pricing for the next deal'

Many of our customers receive the same product but pricing is different based on situation and deal, if we were able to update the special pricing in real time while creating the deal without so much back and forth it would be amazing and save us hours of additional work

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @feyacandleco! Thanks for reaching out and I'm glad you found this idea. I apologize, and will be following up with the person you spoke with, but you were given misinformation. Once you have added a product to a deal, it is no longer tied to that listing version in the Product Library. You can make changes to the price on the edit screen within the deal and those will just apply to that instance. Here's an example screenshot: 

2019-09-13_1310.png

By clicking the pencil icon next to the price, the price and discounts can be adjusted just for that deal. Please let me know if you have further questions, and my apologies again! https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/how-do-i-use-products#associate-a-produc...