HubSpot Ideas

dleitch

Product Library - Term Length Options

When setting up products in Product Library one of the configurable options is "Term Length".  This is great except your Product Team only thought to allow two options - Month or Year. 

What about all of the companies in the world that sell services, training, etc. which is sold on an hourly, daily, or weekly basis (ex. 2 day product training)?  This is a serious oversight. 

I would be great if you would add the hours, days, and weeks to the drop down options right away.

37件のコメント
TK1
メンバー

Absolutely agree! The options for "term" needs to be modified or have the ability to be customized by the user.  Depending on what our sales team is quoting we need to be able to use hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly or one time terms.   Our sales team would use the quoting app more if it had the necessary functionality. 

JoshateFlex
メンバー

I agree the Term needs to either be customizable or needs to have a drop down with many different term options.  

mark112
メンバー

Does anyone from hubspot actually read and take this feedback on board? Clearly lots of people want this functionality and it must be extremely easy for them to add these additional term length options to the product library.

hubspotlove
投稿者

You should see the thread about syncing contacts with Google.

That has hundreds of likes and has been at the top for years.

They do intentionally ignore some of the most requested items.

bringdavide
メンバー

We need also an more flexible opinion to days and weeks.

ステータスに更新: Being Reviewed
dnelson
HubSpot製品開発チーム

LaRon
メンバー | Solutions Partner

Absolutely agree, I was a bit surprised that such standard pricing model (hourly, daily, and weekly) wouldn't be included here. Definitely something that should be implemented soon.  

rezapiri
メンバー

We sell products and hourly services are a necessary to effectively evaluate business decisions in our sales pipeline. Right now, we do not have that functioanlity and we have to port data out of Hubspot instead of building intelligence in Hubspot. 

いらだったスマイリー

Trace
メンバー

Absolutely agree. As a services company, its really difficult to use the product library without the options to be able to quote for services, which are billable by the hour and then be able to issue a quote or invoice at the end.  We also have daily rates and per person training rates too. 

Desperately needed Hubspot team...  

Trace

mcraciun
HubSpot Employee

+1 it would be great to be able to edit the term to weeks

JasmineK
参加者

100% agree on this. We sometimes do agreements starting e.g. 15th of the month and prorated agreements, which means that sometimes we end up with e.g. a 9,5 month agreement term. Right now there's no way of doing half months in the quote or in the line items tools, only even months is allowed. This is causing so much headache, and would be great to get more flexible term options!

bringdavide
メンバー

3 Year´s after the first request we are still waiting 🙂 @dnelson

This must be an easy integration for your team..

SebKoppjes
参加者 | Solutions Partner

Waah crazy that daily or hourly hasnt been implemented. This seriously limits the use cases for the quotes tool. Can't be that hard of a fix right?

DVKaune
メンバー

Daily and hourly definitely needs to be added. We provide people services and quote by the hour, sometimes by the day.

CKane6
メンバー

Agree that this is needed. Specifically days in my case. We sell vacation rentals and want to send out quotes for this. We should be able to use start date + term to define the clients arrival/departure dates

ステータスに更新: Not Currently Planned
ethankopit
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm the product manager for the Products and Line Items team. I just wanted you to know that I posted a status update to an adjacent idea (i.e. customizing the recurring billing frequency) here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Customize-the-Billing-Frequency-options-when-creating...

Since this UI no longer exists, I'm going to move this idea to "not currently planned." Just to be clear, we do plan on making billing frequency more customizable, but since this exact UI no longer exists, I'd recommend following the idea above instead.

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 25 kudos will get that treatment.

TR-CM
メンバー
I don't think you understand what everyone is looking for here. Its not billing frequency. Its just the ability to provide a due date. This project will be done in 2 hours, 2 days, 2 weeks or 2 months. That's all.