HubSpot Ideas

mariahedges

Private or hidden communication subscription type

It would be useful if it were possible to set up a subscription preference type which is private or could be hidden from everyone.

For example this could be used for an internal employee newsletter who would have a subscription category that cannot be signed up for by external people.  Or, if you have a specific group of customers who you want to sign up to a certain type of emails and therefore limit who would be able to access that subscription.

HubSpot Updates
Being Reviewed
March 01, 2024 03:48 PM

Hi folks,

I’m Markie, a Product Manager working within HubSpot’s Messaging Experience group. Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. We hear you and recognize that this has been a long standing paint point for many. We agree that having more control over displaying subscription types and supporting different preference page experiences for different contact segments or groups of users is important. And I’m pleased to share that we are actively reviewing and evaluating how to support this best. Any news about this feature request will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned. 

Regards,

Markie

Not Currently Planned
April 14, 2020 07:25 AM

Hi all I am the product manager on the subscriptions team at HubSpot, I certainly see where this will be useful as folks run all their communications on HubSpot (external and internal) and the need to keep those completely separate. Right now we do not have a space for this in our roadmap, however I will keep this one on our radar.

96 Replies
MSK
Participant

Definitely a function you should add! 

Sascha
Contributor

Has anyone here tried the JavaScript that @anders_grove shared two years ago (first page of the comments)? 

ChloeBondu

Hello! We also need this function! We'd also like to be able to separate the different language options we have in subscription types as well as the internal ones. 

LudmillaGarcia
HubSpot Employee

lots of customers are asking for this idea! I think it would be beneficial 🙂

JUusikartano
Member | Diamond Partner

This is definitely something that we need but what is even more important is that our clients need this! Every time we are doing a Marketing HUB onboarding project, this missing feature comes up. So please HubSpot - help us!!!

joiyua

Agree with the other comments – this feature is a must-have!

froettgen
HubSpot Employee

+1

rutger12345
Participant | Platinum Partner

I really need this to seperate our b2b mailings from our b2c customers.

MWool

2023 and still not here. Maybe time to look at alternative suppliers.

tcultech
Contributor

Right now, because we are copying all staff with all outgoing marketing email messages, our stats are starting to no longer reflect our customers/clients/members and instead show us only how staff responds to our messaging.

This is true because our list is very small, and our core customer base is tiny by industry standards.

I wanted to use HubSpot to compose and send internal communications like staff newsletters and announcements, but absolutely cannot since it's damaging our stats.

It's a bummer since we have to find another external tool that staff must learn and remember to use and copy our outgoing messaging campaigns into so that we can maintain awareness of our marketing internally without invalidating our stats.

If there's a better way to handle this in the meantime, I would love to learn!

LSivek

tcultech 

No help in this forum from Hubspot on this issue so far. but I wanted to reach out and give you a suggestion. Since you are CCing your staff on every message, I suggest cloning your marketing email insteasd and that clone JUST to a company wide employee list as a follow up. This is a work around, takes time but just a  few minutes, and is better than trying to subtract the employee engagement post-send. 

This will clean up the analytics for both audiences, so you can see what your target list is reacting to and how. And see how your employees are reacting (if you want to do that).

Hope this helps!

GEastham
Participant

Would love to see this get put back up on the community ideas roadmap.  I know you sunset the preference group option, and now are pushing this as a feature of going to the separate Business Units model (which costs extra).  But would be so lovely to have this feature back - since every organization I know is using separate subscription types for internal emails, and most for differences in customer vs. prospective client subscriptions as well.  The option to "just show everything", isn't a great option when your company is trying to keep things simple and uncomplicated for the consumer.  Please bring this back!

FMaher
Contributor

Yes please!! Too confusing for different types of email recipients.

ANacho

This definitely needs improvement from HubSpot quickly!

It's not ideal to manage internal + external communications using HubSpot and another platform / CRM.

MSchillig

We really need this too. It would be a huge privacy breach if external people could just sign up for internal communication via the subscription page.

Mahhkk

Any update to when this might make its way onto the roadmap? This is crucial to be able to run internal comms via HubSpot without exposing anything sensitive to external audiences.

RLicau
Participant

this would be very useful to have as our business also deals with customers and partners, apart from prospects and would be important to separate them. 

JessieS
HubSpot Employee

@TylerScionti I just received another request for this feature from one of our customers to hide internal marketing email subscription types, so I wanted to circle back and make sure if this still isn't planned. The reasoning behind the request is to avoid a contact being able to sign up as a subscriber for the portal's internal marketing communications. 

ClaireR

I agree, this would be a really useful subscription type to add to HubSpot. We have hundreds of employees that receive internal comms via HubSpot and it would be great to keep their subscritpion type seperately.

KSellick

We need this urgently!! Please