HubSpot Ideas

FelipeFelix

Private Properties

Hello!

I would like to suggest a new feature called Private Properties. With HubSpot Enterprise we can limit permissions for editing some properties based on team/user, but we can't limit who has access to view it!
In my company, we want to have a sensitive property to store the user login link (that will be used to send transactional emails). My Support team need to have access to all contacts and deals, even if they aren't owners, but we can't have this property available for them to see or search when they click at "View all properties" (limit the record sidebar isn't enough).

Would be great if we could limit some properties to team/user view only (not only editing, but just view), regardless of being a record owner or not.

4 Replies
Chris-Higgins
Contributor | Platinum Partner

This is a super interesting idea. How do you imagine this working, from a front-end perspective? The first thing that popped into my head was a privacy feature that is built in to the payroll section of Xero - see screenshot.

Screenshot 2020-09-21 at 23.07.12.png

In Xero, salary information for each employee is hidden by default. However when the admin user hovers over the 'View' label, the information become visible.  Would something like this work, where non-authorised users can see the property but not the information contained within it?  And authorised users have to take some form of action to see the information (such as hovering over), to prevent info from being seen by others accidentally / surreptitiously?  Or would you prefer that the properties are simply not visible to those without access?

Lots of considerations with this.  Can private properties be used to trigger workflows or create lists?  If yes, who has the ability to create these lists / workflows?

Food for thought though... 🤔

FelipeFelix
Top Contributor

Hello Chris!

I loved your contribution, very pertinent questions. Actually, I imagined that the properties are simply not visible to those without access (but your Xero idea works for me too!). And would be really great is those properties be available to create lists and workflows - but only for authorized users.

My idea at first was to use such property in some transactional emails.
However, my finance department has already asked if there was a possibility for them to do internal control over payments, salaries, etc. Here's another use: D

Regards,

Felipe Felix

RAlcantara

Hello,

I would like to add to this.

It would also be nice to have a feature where we can hide the contents of a specific field. This is for security purposes.

For example, we require a company to fill out a W9 form.

We want to be able to enter their EIN/SSN in their HubSpot profile, but we currently don't do this because there is no way for us to make that field "private/secured/hidden". Ideally just showing only a couple of digits and masking the rest.

Here is an example:

RAlcantara_0-1630441151932.png

BSchwartz5

Upvote, I need this it could even be a section of contact properties that can only be seen by admins.