HubSpot Ideas

afasnacht

Privacy for Sales Documents

There needs to be a privacy setting similar to templates for sales documents in the CRM (e.g., "Shared" or "Private". Reason: the sales reps should be able to attach a quote/pricing to their emails and not have other reps be able to see this. 

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
April 27, 2020 03:15 PM

April 27, 2020 03:14 PM

We've added privacy and content partioning for specific users and teams in Documents for Professional and Enterprise:

Share documents.gif

10 Replies
SolarBuyersClub
Participant

I agree! There needs to be privacy settings in the file mamanger so my users can only see the files they upload to the system.  My sales reps should not be able to see other sale reps proposals and documents. Without this feature I may need to think about using another CRM feature.  

CaptainWasHere
Participant

Yes!! This is crucial for our sales process as well. 

They should be able to create their own private folders or have one auto created. Anything that's put in there is only visible to them and people we give permission to. 

NasirQ

I agree. Sales reps should not see quotes being sent by each other. 

mktgqueen
Contributor

Additionally this is important because of the number of potential documents. We have 80 sales people on the HubSpot CRM and some of our documents and flyers are customized by salesperson. This means there oculd be 80 versions of a single doc/flyer. To have the salespeople weed through this many documents to find their own, means they won't use the feature.

AlexGotFlow

Totally agree. I'd even say its necessary for me to fully take advantage of the document functionality!
I don't want my data to get wrong becouse someone else shares a document I've uploaded... 🙂

RyanSorley

Couldn't agree more! Should be a simple permission granting excercise. 

MidAmerican

Totally agree. 

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

We've added privacy and content partioning for specific users and teams in Documents for Professional and Enterprise:

Share documents.gif

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

SiddharthGarg91
Participant

Hi @afasnacht and others looking for this feature.

We are developing an app called CloudFiles which inherently solves this problem. It provides all the functionlity of documents (upload, link gen, sharing, analytics) and more in the context of deal/contact/company. Since the file is uploaded in record context, only the executives having access to that record would be able to view the file. Request you to check out the app on HubSpot Marketplace.  

Thanks