HubSpot Ideas

Max2020

Previous companies

For sales people, in B2B2C or B2C sales, one of the most important things that hubspot is not capturing is where people used to work. It is one of the best sales leads out there...

e.g. let's say you suddenly start working with Google. First thing to do is search your existing database of contacts to see who used to work at Google and then the first introductory email to them is "we are now working with Google..." immediately there is FOMO there that some business is working with a former employer.

Right now there is no mechanism for tracking this....there should be an "associated company history" tab or something so as people move from one company to another it can be tracked. 

You should also be able to manually add company history. E.g. if you see someone on the database used to work at a really exciting firm that you want to target, you can add that firm to his/her company history so that you can use that relationship to get in to his/her former business.

I hope this sounds simple and logical...!

Thanks 

2 Comentarios
Balázs
Participante

Totally agree! That is something what I really miss too.

The email adress can help, since the domain identifies the company (mostly). If HubSpot would have not just the "primary" as an action if someone has multiple email adresses, but an e. g. "no longer used" as well, than with the help of the latter would be easy to create a company history. 

rebeccatravels
Miembro

Huge pain point for me. I am a HubSpot Partner, and even before starting my own agency, I brought on large, global businesses to HubSpot while in-house and when my sales rep left I had to fill out a form and would not hear back because I wasn't part of the right industry (or whatever qualification ruled me out). I had to go to LinkedIn and reach out to reps to hear back from HubSpot. And now as a Partner, I have to explain my history with HubSpot because it's not tied to my company history. HubSpot shouldn't do that to Evangelists, or set up those of us who use it to do that, either. 

In a world where layoffs are happening daily and market volatility is high, this issue is more important than ever to help companies track clients as they move business to business. Although they now have association labels for companies, there are so many ways it's not automatic and should be. 

Here are my ideas on how HubSpot should fix it: 

🏢When a company is updated, automate an option to save the old company name into a field where you can see all the prior companies they worked at, in reverse chronological order, all at the same time like a news feed instead of needing to click detail to see more.

📃In the righthand sidebar on the contact record, show the list of prior companies under the current associated company (can be collapsed). Shows immediately what kind of history this user has with the product.

📞Look at phone in addition to email for business contacts to suggest dupes that should be merged immediately at contact. Many/most people only use one cell phone now and don't have a separate office phone or cell phone so reps quickly see the account history.

💵Show # and amount of closed won deals per prior companies in the right-hand sidebar on the contact record under deals so reps can easily see their Evangelist/ success history with the business.