Prevent creation of hubspot users as contacts

CMayer

Following case:

- I have users A and B in Hubspot and external contact X

- A is sending an Email from Hubspot to X and B is in CC

- Contact X is doing reply all and sending to A and B

- In this case user A and/or B are created as contacts

This results in that over time all internal hubspot users appeaar as contacts which is quite confusing. Unique ID for this should be the Email.

4 Replies
karstenkoehler
Most Valuable Member

Hi @CMayer,

You can always create an active list of contacts, filtering for "Email domains contains exactly @cmayer.com". This list could be used both as an exclusion/suppression list in emails, workflows, reports – or someone could, on a regular basis, delete these contacts.

Let me know if this sounds like a solid workaround for you. If yes, this post could be moved over to the discussion/solution area of the community.

Cheers!

CMayer
Contributor

Hi @karstenkoehler after talking to hubspot support this seems indeed the only currently possible solution. We have created a workflow that generates a task if such a contact is created and then we delete it.

Thanks

karstenkoehler
Most Valuable Member

Sounds like a good solution to me, @CMayer. Do you still want to keep this idea open?

CMayer
Contributor

@karstenkoehler yes I still want to keep it open as I see the current behavior as a bug. In my opinion internal hubspot users should never automatically occur as contacts