HubSpot Ideas

Ian1099

Prevent Users from Deleting Contacts

Currently the setting for users to edit contacts is an all or nothing deal. If you want your users to be able to edit a contact's phone number they also get permission to delete it. 

Would be awesome if you could remove a user's ability to delete a contact but still allow them to edit basic info like phone number, address, etc. 

57件のコメント
ステータスに更新: Idea Submitted
mgeorgieva
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Cross-posting a response here from a similar thread -

Hey folks, 

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this idea and examples. We are looking into this problem area and wanted to see if an audit log of deletes, with an option to restore, can help here? One of the issues we're trying to look out for is that in a case where the sales rep is demo-ing contacts or deals or makes a mistake, it can be helpful for them to delete that vs increase the work for the admin. 

Today we support a recycle bin for contacts, deals, companies and tickets. It looks like this - https://www.evernote.com/l/AJeIToLNJFBITJKkMKxglVre9yT6o6OJNS8 and you can navigate to it from the home page of each of the above mentioned screens > Actions > Restore... 

Does this give you enough power to fix an accidental or intentional delete? Where does this fall short?

Best,

Maggie Georgieva

Product Manager

ステータスに更新: Idea Submitted
mgeorgieva
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Cross-posting a response here from a similar thread -

Hey folks, 

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this idea and examples. We are looking into this problem area and wanted to see if an audit log of deletes, with an option to restore, can help here? One of the issues we're trying to look out for is that in a case where the sales rep is demo-ing contacts or deals or makes a mistake, it can be helpful for them to delete that vs increase the work for the admin. 

Today we support a recycle bin for contacts, deals, companies and tickets. It looks like this - https://www.evernote.com/l/AJeIToLNJFBITJKkMKxglVre9yT6o6OJNS8 and you can navigate to it from the home page of each of the above mentioned screens > Actions > Restore... 

Does this give you enough power to fix an accidental or intentional delete? Where does this fall short?

Best,

Maggie Georgieva

Product Manager

thomasrsmith
メンバー

This is a real problem for us and would have prevented us from purchasing HubSpot if we had caught it during the purchase process. There are many opportunities for an employee to inadvertently or purposefully delete data. Some of these go against our client SLAs and could cause some major issues for us.

Deleting a company record is not the same as deleting a task or a contact, so not sure why these are all controlled with a single setting.

The audit log of deletes is somewhat helpful but does not differentiate between a merged account and a deleted account. It also doesn't identify who deleted the company, so you can't reinforce with training.

The other issue is that all connections are severed when the company is deleted and after restoring the company, you must then reconnect all the contacts, deals, tickets, etc.

As an admin, I'd rather delete companies for a rep who entered one accidentally than clean up after one that is deleted accidentally.

brian-lytho
メンバー

@mgeorgievaThis solution does not provide enough help. We need the ability to prevent sales reps from deleting deals but preventing company and contact deletion would be helpful as well.

mgeorgieva
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Thank you both! These are great details that you shared, @thomasrsmith - especially this piece, "As an admin, I'd rather delete companies for a rep who entered one accidentally than clean up after one that is deleted accidentally."

I definitely see the value here and just wanted to make sure and look at it from the other perspective as well. 

I am taking all these details and will be working with individual teams on prioritizing these options.

Best,

Maggie 

HaleyEHI
メンバー

We would prefer to lock the ability to delete. I agree with the above comment that it is better to delete on behalf of the team than to clean up their accidental deletes.

lloydgilmore
メンバー

The ability to control if a user can delete Deals or not would be a great addition for us.

ebarajas
参加者

This is a great idea. Would love to have this available.

elise1
投稿者

Following! Preventing users from deleting contacts is crucial to us, without preventing them from editing. To check the recycle bin periodically is laborious, not efficient use of time and easy to miss something.

RandallF
参加者

Also, or in the meantime, it would be fantastic to have a "deleted by" field.

Tiff
参加者

I have come across this issue today as well and it meant myself and other busy people spending around an hour to track down a company that had been deleted.  I am still missing one record as the restore companies function is only 90 days.  When I looked in the restore companies audit log I was shocked at how many had gone - this goes against everything we have tried to instil in our sales team.  We desperately need to be able to limit deletion of all records. 

elise1
投稿者

This was first submitted over a year ago. Please let us know what you can do to help without an all or nothing option. Many thanks.

LyndseyM
参加者

I'm honestly surprised that this hasn't been resolved. No one but admins should have the right to delete contacts, companies, or deals. 

erica11
トップ投稿者

Agreed! This would be very useful. We want users to be able to edit contacts but not delete them. A deleted by field would be very useful too.

OnsiteSolutions
メンバー

This Idea is already from 2017 and also surprised its still not resolved.

@mgeorgieva I like your idea as well, however we should really be able to control the delete righs for contacts and deals on a user level. As a manager I should be able to delete spam, but the rest of the sales rep should never be able. 

MichielTE
メンバー

I agree with OnsiteSolutions. Only in this way managers can control the quality of data.

Breno
参加者

Hi Hubspot Team,

This idea is really important for us as well. We would love to have a way to desable the ability of our Sales Reps exclude Deals, Companies or Contats.
It's important for us not letting anyone but us (admin) exclude things from our CRM.

Hope you help us with this problem.

lloydgilmore
メンバー

Could Hubspot give us an update on this? If it is being considered or even better if it is scheduled in for development?

Maristella
参加者

Delete permission should me an option in all of Hubspot objects (Company, Contacts and Deals).

Dispinner
メンバー

Hello HubSpot - this feature is a must. We track our sales teams conversion rate but if they can simply delete a contact then it skews the rate to make them look amazing. So it is a must to be able to turn off a users ability to delete any contacts but still to allow them to edit all of the other contact properties for their leads. Couldn't you simply provide an option to hide the 'delete contact' option from the sales guys account who don't have Super Admin access? An update on this is much needed based on the timeframe it was first raised to your team.