HubSpot Ideas

Kriszti

Prevent Negative Hubspot Score

Right now if you chose to have negative attributes in your lead score, you will find that the hubspot score of your contacts can easily set to a negative number. It's best practice to have some negative attributes, so you can filter out contacts who were engaged in the past, but not anymore.

However, the fact that lead scoring doesn't stop at 0, and goes to negative creates a series of problems.

The one that is giving me a headache is the following:
- we have a negative score for unengaged contacts, so if someone doesn't do anything, the lead score would drop, and this can result in a negative score, let's say we have an old contact who hasn't shown any sign of engagement, and now has a score of -40

- when this contact starts re-engaging with us, they won't start from 0, but from -40, so they are harder to prioritize

On the other hand, if we don't use negative attributes in the lead scoring model, it is losing relevancy, and will get's hard to tell if someone with a high lead score a good target or not, as we won't be able to tell the contacts apart who are engaged right now from the ones who were engaged at some point.

For me the solution for this would be to have an option to make sure lead score doesn't go below 0.

9 Replies
ChristianBogue

Fully support this idea, it's been a headache for me as well.

jorpopp

I don't suppose an option to limit an individual's score to 0 has been implemented since this comment?...

havandoorn

I support this idea! Or is there already a workaround?

Rivershaw

It seems totally redundant to allow minus HubSpot scores - would be great if HS could fix this...

Bareld
Participant

Fully support this idea. Does anybody have a work-around?

EPopadyniec
Participant

Hi All,

Is there any workaround to avoid negative scoring? 

Bareld
Participant

We have created an extra property HS score property on Contact level, called 'HS>0"

and a simple workflow does the rest. Also made HS Score not editable for ALL users as well as HS>0.

Bareld_0-1659513282363.png

EPopadyniec
Participant

Hi @Bareld, Thank you for your suggestion. 👌

ihertz
Participant

Great suggestion. Just implemented it. Thanks. 

Will be great to have a feature limiting score ranges.