HubSpot Ideas

TextioJohn

Preference groups feedback & improvements

We just joined the Preference groups beta to set up a separate group of subscription types for a new website. These proposed updates would have made the transition a lot simpler:

1. Bulk transfer email subscription types. Default subscription types become problematic when you set up Preference Groups because they appear across all your Preference groups. Our main marketing subscription was a default subscription type, which we couldn't have appear in our new Preference group. Before archiving the default subscription type, I had to create a duplicate supscription type with the first Preference group and manually change every single email with the default subscription type to the new subscription type. I then had to create a workflow to ensure that all contacts who had unsubscribed from the default subscription type were also unsubscribed from the new replacement. Luckily this only took me about 3 hours; I am sure it would be an insurmountable challenge for larger organizations. 
  2. Downgrade default subscription types. The only reason I had to do the work above was because I couldn't simply remove the default subscription type as a default and assign it to Preference Group 1. If I could do that, it would have saved the need to transfer emails to an entirely new subscription type.
  3. Don't show all subscription types in test emails. Clicking the Unsubscribe link in a test email takes you to a preferences page that shows every single subscription type across all your preference groups. You have to manually send yourself a real email (messing up your email performance metrics) to see that the proper subscription types of that preference group are showing. Test emails should only show the subscription types from the preference group that email is assigned to.
  4. Search and report on emails by subscription type (and preference group). It's not currently possible to search for or report on all emails under one subscription type or preference group. This made it very difficult to hunt down all the emails i needed to change to my new subscription type, some of which weren't organized in their expected folders. I ended up having to go through all my automation workflows to make sure there wasn't an email I missed that's being actively sent out. (You can export a list of all your emails which includes a column of their subscription type, but we need this capability in the platform to then be able to bulk edit the emails)
  5. Allow separate resubscription emails for different preference groups. Right now you can only use one email template for a resubscriptione email, which isn't an option when you have separate preference groups set up for separate websites. 
  6. Allow foldering in Archived email folder.  I've been unpublishing old emails and moving them into "OLD" folders to preserve their organization because I'm worried about them all being grouped together in one big Archive mess if I ever want to go back and see how we did a certain email campaign in the past. Keeping these emails out of archive, though, is not ideal.