HubSpot Ideas

polle

Post videos to personal LinkedIn profiles

In our experience, LinkedIn posts from our employees' personal profiles gain far more traction than company posts. Through HubSpot, it is currently not possible to post videos in personal posts - this is only an option in Company Page posts.

This pushes us to post directly from LinkedIn for video posts - instead of using HubSpot. As a result, we have inferior tracking and metrics for LinkedIn.

This would be solved by allowing video posts to LinkedIn personal profiles.

HubSpot Updates
In Planning
August 31, 2023 07:39 AM

23 Replies
lfr
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

This is something that I would like to have too! 

LauraMullis

I fully agree with polle and wish to have this option too.

VNorlander

Totally agree, would make our social statistics complete. 

NChick

With social platforms lending increased preference to video content, many businesses, like the one I work for, would find it very useful to be able to post videos to personal pages. 

ABarreca

It would be incredibly benefical if HubSpot could implement a way for videos to be shared similarly to featured image posts via the HubSpot extension. As mentioned in the original post, it's inferior to have to post the video directly through LinkedIn, and it's not always possible to ask each team member to share the HubSpot-posted video content when needed. If established, the social metrics of this feature would be greatly appreciated. 

egarciavaz
Participant | Platinum Partner

This is a big issue for us as well, as nowadays, most of what we publish is video.

AChahal

Please do something to allow this feature - it would dramatically enhance the social tool for our company

YZhao5

Yes, please, this feature is important for us too. 

emgafford

Need this!!!

tkeelan

They way LinkedIn doesn't value company page posts compared to individual accounts - this is really important.

NJeili
Member | Platinum Partner

We also need this feature for our account. We are posting videos from personal accounts. I can't believe that HubSpot is not prioritizing a feature such as this one.

JSimmonds

This is a major failing in Hubspot's LinkedIn scheduling and a feature that we really need as well.

Paula
Participant | Partner

There are other social scheduling tools that can post video to personal profiles on LinkedIn, so the 'reason' that "the LinkedIn API doesn't allow it" that I'm being given is not so valid. If other platforms could work out how to do it, surely HubSpot could.

The recommended 'workaround' to post natively onto LinkedIn doesn't work - that would mean having each staff member post themselves and we all know what that looks like.

Paula
Participant | Partner

Hey @roisinkirby - tagging you for a look at this since you responded to some other ideas on posting video to socials. Hoping you can give us some insight? Thank you!

JSimmonds

I completely agree. If other platforms didn't have the functionality, fair enough. But given that I can get that from a free scheduler I fully expect it to be available in one that comes with a significant price tag attached.

Craig-Andrews
Participant | Partner

Wow! This was submitted in 2020 and it still isn't implemented?? Come on guys, this is basic stuff. 

jaspermeurs
Participant

Oh wow, this issue has been brought up in 2020 and is still not added as a feature. We are using Buffer for these posts right now, but it's amazing that an 'all-in-one' marketing automation platform like HubSpot hasn't implemented an important feature like this yet.

NJeili
We're using buffer too. Too bad that HubSpot is not dealing with that.
srcarli
Participant

Seriously - I want to use HubSpot to manage our social accounts and this IS supported by LinkedIn so needs to be solved by HubSpot ASAP.

KiwiJen83

Three years later and still just as needed…one big upvote from me!