HubSpot Ideas

MSRVerhuur

Possibilty to deactivate user

Recently we said goodbye to a collegue. As he was fired and had to leave immediately, I wanted to deativate his account to avoid leaks. I did not want to delete the accounct because we first have to check everything under his name. It is not possible to do this kind of action so hereby our suggestion to create a DEATIVATE button in cause of fired and directly non active collegues/users

4 Replies
hkampen
Contributor

Yes, that would be great. We have to leave users who left the company in the user list to know who created an Workflow, List, Contact ... The more complex a solution is, the more important is to know who created it. Currently, I only can remove all rights available in the setup, but these users can still login.

ElishaDignam
Participant

I agree with this. Also the possibility to reactive would be useful too. 

We have users who we need to pause access for but there is a chance they will return, but equally we have to delete access for previous employees. 

In other CRMs we've got around this by changing the email address of the user, however this is also not a feature in HubSpot. 

Dhalim

If I delete users, the reports on Dashboard will be innacurate as we will need to transfer those deals to the existing employee and suddenly boosting their numbers with the sales that their colleagues had done. I think this feature is quite important.

lcoblentz
HubSpot Product Team

Hi, the ability to deactivate a user without removing them entirely from your HubSpot account is now a beta feature!   This retains the CRM data of ownership of records without enabling the user to be able to log in and see your HUBID's data.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/deactivate-hubspot-users

Thank you for your feedback!

Thanks,
Leila