HubSpot Ideas

tth

Possibility to use custom fields as trigger in ad events

tl;dr: Pretty much what the headline says.

As a marketing exec in a lead-oriented B2B environment, I don't want to deliver the classic lifecycle stages back into Google Ads algorithms via ad events, but rather use a custom field with manually collected data on the lead quality without the factor of the sales funnel. Since stages like 'Opportunities' or 'Customer' are greatly influenced by processes and the performance of individuals, it is in my eyes not optimal to use as an indicator for increasing/decreasing ad spends.

Example: assuming we have generated two different leads from Google Ads. One (Lead A) has a customer lifetime value of 2 million €. The other (Lead B) comes with a CLV of 50k €. Now, Lead B goes through the processes quite smoothly and gets to the lifecycle 'Customer' within two month. Lead A on the other hand is stuck in stages 'SQL' and 'Opportunity' forever because the internal decision management of the potential client is more complicated than rocket science. Eventually, Lead A will become an 'Evangelist', but for quite some time the Hubspot API pushes the wrong information of Lead B being more valuable than Lead A back to Google Ads which, in turn, uses this to optimize smart bidding and find more Lead-B-Personas.

I want to add, that it is not possible to modify the options of the standard property 'Lifecycle stage' since this would be the most obvious workaround.

It would be better for us to use the customer lifetime value or any other custom lead quality criteria as a trigger for the ad events. Hubspot, please help us out here!