HubSpot Ideas

barthoubn

Possibility to disable automatic association to deals

We have set up integration of Hubspot CRM with Gmail.

If one of my colleagues emails a contact, this email is automatically associated with the last X open deals where this contact is connected to.

For us this does not make sense at all. Let me give an example:

Company ABC has 10 deals running with us. 5 of those 10 deals are associated with contact Jeff.

If one of my colleagues now sends an email to Jeff about a warranty issue totally unrelated to any of these 10 or 5 deals Hubspot automatically associates this email with the last X open deals associated with Jeff.

I don't even see when this automatic association would make sense? 

So I vote for have an option to disable this automatic deal association asap. 

At this moment our CRM is a total mess because of this and that is the opposite of what I wanted to achieve with this CRM.

84 Comentários
sambiermans
Membro

I must join Bart in getting this disable function. As it even get worse.

We started emailing from HubSpot in the hope we could avoid most of Bart's problems but Hubspot makes it even a bigger problem for us.

Here is what we experience:

When I reply on a deal to X in Hubspot. Hubspot does associate the right deal and company to X (so no association is made outside of the deal). When X replies to me and he places Y and Z in CC ate any given time in our communication. Hubspot will associate 5 objects with Y and Z.  This makes no sense at all and creates a complete mess. 

If I mail to contact X about what he wants to eat for lunch next week (and I mail from Hubspot on the contact page, not in a deal or Ticket) I have to unlink all the deals related to this person. If I forget this Hubspot will make sure we know in each deal what X will have for lunch.

If we mail from Gmail the problem of Bart comes into place. 

This made it hard to work on a proper timeline on deals or contacts.

jniemi7
Participante

I'm jumping on this train as well.  We are having the same situation where ONE Contact is associated with multiple internal users. When a user here emails the contact it auto-associates the email to ALL the Open-Deals associated with that contact, when in reality it only applys to one deal, or maybe not any deals.  It's an inconvenience to have to go back through the activity feed and dis-associated all of deals from the emails. And an even bigger invconvenience when my users question me 100XXX a day regarding this.

Sinead
Membro

We would love to have this feature removed! It can take us up to an hour to remove irrelevant PO's from a deal chain, and not associated emails, all because a contact has emailed in or we have emailed them.  It is a nightmare!!

risi0501
Membro

This needs to be fixed immediately. The key to a good CRM is keeping it clean and organized and this creates such a mess. Associating contact emails with the last 5 deals makes no sense. You should be able to select exactly where and what you want an email associated with.

sambiermans
Membro

Hi Hubspot,

We are dying here in the CRM, I have spent hours and hours cleaning up the mess. Now it was clean and I wanted to keep it this way. So we only mail from Hubspot and that helps when mailing on the right location. (In a deal, it stays in the deal).

The problem keeps popping up when a contact sends a new email to me. I have to reply him from gmail/outlook, ... 

As there is no mention of this mail in Hubspot yet. When I do so it gets assigned all over the place.

PLEASE WORK ON THIS ASAP

Status atualizado para: In Planning
Flora
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Thank you for the feedback and suggestions! 

We are currently investigating a solution to this and I appreciate the solutions discussed in this thread. We understand this is causing a painful experience in the CRM and if anyone would like to chat with me about their use case, please send me a message and I will schedule some time. 

Keep an eye out for further updates here as we investigate. Thank you! 

sambiermans
Membro

HI Flora,

Great to hear this is moving, as we need this!

Contact me to chat please!

Roger
Colaborador(a)

Hi Flora

Yes, please. We have a customer getting crazy about this issue. It's really bad. If you send out an email from a deal to a contact, the reply should end up again in this deal and not in all the other active deals of this contact. I don't know probabely it would be an idea to personalize the bcc address with the deal id? Just an idea. 

Thank you in advance!

Dominik247
Membro

Hi Flora!!
It is a real mess and actually can't be that problematic as Salesforce has a solution for it as well. 

Hope the HubSpot-Team will fix it soon 🙂

Thanks in advance

sambiermans
Membro

We had a meeting with the product managers from Hubspot and they will give us a timeline in one month about the options on solving this.

I still find it very strange that so little people are complaining about this as it makes the whole CRM absolute

mscheel
Membro

We also have this problem and Hubspot point blank told us that the platform is working as expected. Apparently, they don't see this as a problem, though their users do and it seems like a simple thing to fix. At this point, this is starting to not only become a usability issue for us, but also an information security issue in my eyes. Especially when we have contacts that are tied to multiple different companies. I will be including this along with my other finds in our vendor review assessment for Hubspot which, might leave us no choice but to find an alternative solution. Our transition to Hubspot was fairly recent, and was not without many frustrations in the service department. This seems largely due to the fact that the service department aspect of this product is so new, and not as mature as we were expecting it to be. I do not want to go through that process again with another vendor, and I am confident that they will figure out how to optimize this product to make it thrive. However, I am uncertain about the timeline and priority that they are putting behind these concerns from their users. Our team has currently implemented workarounds for this the best that we can, in an effort to avoid our hand being forced into moving to another vendor once again.

Levi
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Elite

We would like also be able to choose which deals an email with a contact should be associated to before it gets to the deal records. Currently the behavior is that whether the email is sent from the conversations inbox or the contact record, the email thread is associating with the most five recent open deals. This is not what we would like, since the particular email thread is only related to one deal, and not several. Having the ability to choose which deal to associate with from the beginning rather than having to go back later and un-associate the email thread from several deals would be helpful"

Flora
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

We hear the pain on this issue and are continuing to work on this. I will update this thread again as we get sooner to a specific release date.

If there is anyone that would like to chat, please let me know and I will set up a time! 

PeterSensat
Membro

Couldn't agree more! This is making the data on our sales pipeline Deals unuseable. I've spent the last 18 months trying to get our team to use the CRM properly and this is undoing all the hard work across the team. 

Please expedite this release.

amyleopold
Participante

Another vote for this idea. We absolutely can't have auto associations of tasks to opportunities. It's a data nightmare and really causing us some issues. Hope this is addressed immediately. Thanks!

Andrej
Membro

Hi,

Same situation with tickets. 

Andrej

Kjell
Participante

What the others already said.

In our situation, most colleagues mainly use HubSpot to keep customer related emails logged. Thus, the Outlook/Office365 add-ins are used. For most customers there are few problems, as we usually have one deal going for each customer. But then we have some distributors, and here everything goes crazy. Especially since emails not related to any deal are showing up in sales deals. I have until recently assumed that our users were doing something wrong, but now I understand that the problem is in how HubSpot is handling emails and associations.

Please at least make the auto-association an option and only require associationbetween email and contact.

Kjell

sambiermans
Membro

Hi Huspot,

Are you dealing with this of just ignoring all your customers?

Sam

PeterSensat
Membro

Glad to see others are being vocal about this, just to let you know we are finding a work around but it is undoing our hard work in terms of getting the CRM in good shape. We are now looking at alternative CRMs as it is months and months without a resolution on this.

max3
Membro

Hi, I also have to jump in on this... It almost makes the CRM (of which I am overall a fan) unusable. 

I am honstely concerned, seeing that this "issue" is beeing worked on for almost a year... 

Please fix this quickly! Can Hubspot please update us with a renewed timeframe for the FIX?