HubSpot Ideas

lhardy

Pop Up CTA Tracking

Now that we have the ability to do pop up CTAs within the pop up form module, I would really love to see the ability to track those clicks. Currently it is my understanding that the only tracking that happens on these are form submissions when you use the form pop up module. But if you choose one of the other options, we should still be able to get tracking info on the clicks.

19 Comentarios
Ella_BTT
Participante

I agree. We had to use UTM tracking codes on the links and then create reports from them in order to track these which is frustrating. 

Irmelin
Participante

I'd like to second this. Please consider enabling CTA click tracking for all pop-ups. Thank you!

kffrobins
Participante

I would also like to request tracking be enabled on URL clicks to my website from the form.

justinmillerco
Participante

Was surprised we can't already do this. It makes the value of this tool very limited for any non-form modals. We should at least be able to add a HubSpot CTA so we can understand how many clicks/engagements we get. 

SStamas
Miembro

Agreed, it's useless to add a pop-up form with a button that links to a non-HubSpot URL if you can't track clicks to see whether the form is effective. UTMs is a decent workaround, but HubSpot should allow CTA buttons on these forms or some type of click tracking. 

smorrison
Miembro

Please consider enabling CTA click tracking for all pop-ups. Just having the number of views is pretty useless. We need to know how many viewers are actually clicking through.

DRodgers
Participante

Yes please! This is an essential metric that should be straightforward considering it's leveraging all the same mechanisms of Hubspot out of the box.

Squaredot
Miembro

Agree with everything above - tracking is essential on pop-ups, was very surprised to learn there are no stats. Please consider introducing at a minimum click-through numbers but the more detail the better!

KConochan6
Miembro

This would be a huge help for tracking leads and seems like a pretty straightforward fix. 

MusicMarketer78
Participante

Agree with everyone above. This would be an invaluable feature as we are using this pop-up form set up more and more across our sites. Understanding how many clicks the CTA button is receiving versus views on the pop-up (and who clicked if they are existing contacts within our database) would give us the next-level reporting to understand the effectiveness of this type of pop-up.   

Sharpie
Miembro

This is a neccessary stat for pop ups now. We have several pop ups where we are pointing people to other content they may be interested in. Its just a click so knowing how many clicks for that type of pop up with be great! 

auto-mate
Colaborador líder

Yes, big surprise this i not in the basic pop up analytics view and struggling to find a workaround - really don't want to have to play with UTM tags here.

LMirabeau
Participante

Agree with this. Tracking clicks in a pop-up shouldn't be hard. I tried UTM tracking, but I don't think it's correctly tracking everything

LBrisita
Colaborador

I'd like to add to this discussion. Wouldn't it be fairly simple to connect the CTA click on the Pop-up form as a submission, especially if the click is done by a pre-existing contacts? I know cookie tracking is almost obsolete at this point, but there are other ways for identifying. This would be super valuable.

Thanks.

SilvanaPSI
Participante

Urgently needed, and can't see why it's not available yet. 

MariZanchetta
Colaborador

Agree. Really needed.
We get incomplete data as is now...as Hubspot provides the option to create them with links instead of a regular form, being able to track how many clicks were there out of the impressions is crucial to underestand if the pop-up is working or not and to be able to optimise it.

Leena
Miembro

I agree, there is a workaround but would be great if it's directly on the form analytics page.

NM_AuerSignal
Participante

Hello,

could a developer please give us more info? The tracking would be really helpful. This is very much needed and also urgent. I am tired of workaraounds.

Thank you!

MisterKennedy
Participante

+1 woule be great to collect UTM tracking data with the popup CTAs!