HubSpot Ideas

szaney

Please give me an option to ONLY send plain text emails

The plain text template helps, but it still looks like an HTML email, because it has a box around the text. I need an email to look like my sales guy just fired it off. Your own data suggests that plain text gets better results than HTML, so I cannot combat his need for plain text only.  

This question has been asked before, but seems to have disappeared.  

HubSpot Updates
Idea Submitted
May 19, 2020 02:34 AM

Hi @szaney ,

Thank for your original post. I am changing this to delivered as we’ve since removed the default padding on rich text in plain emails.

All the best,

Shane

New
July 28, 2017 04:35 AM

Hey @szaney can you confirm if you are sending email via the HubSpot CRM or using HubSpot's paid marketing email tool?

26 Replies
Daria-Paige

This is a significant issue that needs to be fixed.  The HTML formatting causes the email to be marked as spam, but true plain text is able to be delivered.  Because the HTML is being "delivered" as spam, it doesn't trigger HubSpot to send the true plain text.

fiberpunk
Contributor

+1 for this, for the aforementioned reasons.

Ideawake

Has there been any updates on this? Have a lot of user testing going on and the feedback coming back is continuously that emails don't look natural. Seems like this should be a given for a tool that costs several thousand dollars a month 

Benjamin2

Any movement on this? We work with many in the medical and healthcare communities, and they have very stringent security filters that block HTML images.

Our company just migrated to HubSpot after using Pardot for years, and this was an option in Pardot. I'd hate for our company to have to switch back...

TKyllo

We too would like a true plain-text version. I know a plain-text version gets created, we're able to edit it. We can even proof it in a test email. We need the option to send that true plain-text version to everyone. Hubspot currently only sends the true plain-text version to platforms that don't support html. The plain-text template (which still sends html) is not what we are wanting. Your terminology of "Plain-text" within the Hubspot platform is confusing because you're referring to two separate types of emails as "Plain text". In both the "Plain text" editor under an email's settings tab and the "Send plain text version" in the "Send test email" feature, both of those references are speaking to a true "Plain Text" version email. Your "Plain Text" template is NOT PLAIN TEXT, it is a simplified html template.

MSnider

This is critical to our business.  It requires us to use alternative software to accomplish plain text and as a result - hubspot is not meeting all of our email campaign needs.