HubSpot Ideas

szaney

Please give me an option to ONLY send plain text emails

The plain text template helps, but it still looks like an HTML email, because it has a box around the text. I need an email to look like my sales guy just fired it off. Your own data suggests that plain text gets better results than HTML, so I cannot combat his need for plain text only.  

This question has been asked before, but seems to have disappeared.  

25 Comentarios
Estado actualizado a: Idea Submitted
roisinkirby
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hey @szaney can you confirm if you are sending email via the HubSpot CRM or using HubSpot's paid marketing email tool?

szaney
Participante

Using the paid marketing email tool. I think the Plain email template does fix the issue, but would still love this option instead of having to check template.

ek
Miembro

It would be really helpful if we could choose the version of the email we will send.  

We love the idea of sending only a plain email version vs. plain email template.

Thank you for considering fix this,

Best,

EK

@szaney wrote:

The plain text template helps, but it still looks like an HTML email, because it has a box around the text. I need an email to look like my sales guy just fired it off. Your own data suggests that plain text gets better results than HTML, so I cannot combat his need for plain text only.  

This question has been asked before, but seems to have disappeared.  

lcopeland
Participante

This is a big issue for our public sector customers. We don't want to risk sending them emails with the lengthy links. It's a bit confusing. https://www.screencast.com/t/FbRdYzXdAp

I have access to another marketing automation platform - the plain text version sends like this: https://www.screencast.com/t/Zsic65b0Pc. When I send the plain text version from hubspot it asks to download images which is an issue: https://www.screencast.com/t/TXQSWWXR4. 

Do you know how to get around this issues?

avherzberg
Participante

That would be awesome! We are running into complications when our CSRs print/forward internal notification emails that are kicked off when a lead fills out a sample request form on a landing page. Even the Plain email template hasn't helped the issue.

jakekirsch
Participante

Agreed.

Please give us the option to send ONLY plain text.

wchare
Miembro

PLEASE do this. We want to be able to use Hubspot to mass communicate with business partners without it looking all graphical and salesy.

Letsgolf
Miembro

I agree, definitely a need for this. Barracuda and other similar solutions are getting much more aggressive and difficult to get html delivered to large enterprise organizations.

Nadzeya
Miembro

Any updates since the last comment?

We also would like to use plain text emails (no footer, header, styles) for better communication with our clients. 

EmilKristensen
Miembro

This should be the most simple and first feature made? What is status on this?

geyries
Miembro

This is much needed. What is the status on this please?

Scschmidt
Participante

Yes what is the status on this? 

roofstock
Miembro

Looks like Hubspot has a template that does the trick: https://www.hubspot.com/product-updates/plain-email-template

timwright
Miembro

Absolute must have feature... is their any update on when this might be implemented? Would there be any downsides to this? The plain text template works ok, but a true plain text option would be ideal here. 

ZGO
Participante

Plain Text template is still entirely HTML, forcing a small white box around the text and odd text wrapping. It is 100% obvious, particularly when viewing the message on a mobile app, that the email was sent by a program, not a person.

SanneB
Miembro

Please make this feature. It would really help with sending emails to specific target groups!

aubria
Miembro

Having issues with the simple templates also. When our emails are forwarded the spacing looks terrible. A plain text option is needed here. 

SpencerG
Participante

Agree - this is essential. Almost every competitor seems to do it so I'm confused why HubSpot doesn't. 

Estado actualizado a: Idea Submitted
Shane_Janssens
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hi @szaney ,

Thank for your original post. I am changing this to delivered as we’ve since removed the default padding on rich text in plain emails.

All the best,

Shane

DavidVaassen
Participante

@Shane_Janssens  Thats not helpful. Hiding padding doesn;t make it plain text. We need a plain text option as default for petes sake. HTML email is plain dumb & overkill much of the time and doesn't perform as well as plain text in many situations.