HubSpot Ideas

AlOG

Please add the option to upload PDF file when creating a LinkedIn post from HubSpot

Hi All,

At the moment when creating a social media post on LinkedIn from HubSpot, you can't attach a PDF file similar as you do with Images etc.. so you have to upload the PDF file from the file section on HubSpot, copy the link redirecting to the PDF file and add the link on the LinkedIn post you are creating from HubSpot. 

Please find below the issues I have noticed from my experiments when proceeding as explained above:

1. By adding the link redirecting to your PDF file on your LinkedIn post created from HubSpot, your PDF file won't show on LinkedIn as a slide, but if you create the post directly from LinkedIn, you will have the option to upload your PDF file on the post and it will show as a slide. My experiments have shown that PDF files showing as a slide on the post will receive more clicks (so your audience will engage more with the post) than if these were shared by adding the link on the post. In addition, I have noticed from my experiments that PDF files showing as a slide on the posts have received more engagement than the posts using images. Solution: Please add the option for us to upload PDF files directly from HubSpot when creating a LinkedIn post.
  2. In order for your PDF files to show as a slide on your LinkedIn post, you have to create the post directly from LinkedIn, the issue then is that your LinkedIn NETWORK TRACKED CLICKS won't be added to your HubSpot social media report and because the post has been created directly on LinkedIn, on your HubSpot social media report it will show 0 click (N/A) for LinkedIn, so if we decide to start using PDF files to create our LinkedIn posts going forward, (because my experiments have shown that our audience are engaging more with posts showing the PDFs files as a slide), then we will have to create the posts directly from LinkedIn, as a result, our HubSpot social media report won't be accurate (the LinkedIn KPIs will show as we are underperforming). Solution: By adding the option to publish PDF files when creating a LinkedIn post from HubSpot will help to get our social media report accurate as HubSpot doesn't add network tracked clicks on the social media report unless I have missed something?? Also I'm not quite sure if the web sessions generated by our LinkedIn posts are added to our HubSpot social media report when the posts are created directly from LinkedIn). We are facing a similar challenge when creating our social media KPIs monthly because for our Twitter's posts created from HubSpot, we have to manually look on Twitter for the impressions each Twitter's post has received because these aren't reported on HubSpot social media reports. 

Overall, it will be great if you could please add the feature requested above and improve the HubSpot social media reporting tool as explained.

81 Replies
AKhurana
+1
Janine_Content

It's been over a year and we still can't post PDFs from hubspot. PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE!🤕

corbius
Participant

I highly second that.

AKim4

agreeeeeeed

Ash19

Really need this!!

JCurrie4

I need this feature so it would be great if it could be implemented

PNavarrete
HubSpot Employee

Minha cliente não pode programar postagens no LinkedIn por meio do HubSpot devido à limitação da ferramenta. Seria muito útil ver isso implementado no futuro para permitir que os clientes fizessem upload de conteúdo em PDF.

My client can't schedule posts on LinkedIn through HubSpot because of the limitation in the tool. It would be very useful to see this implemented in the future to allow customers to upload PDF content.

abhilashaa

I recently wanted to share a LinkedIn post that had an attached slide but I couldn't. I strongly recommend Hubspot to add this functionality, the social option is incomplete without having these small, yet relevant options. 

MaxBraunleder
Participant

Uploading Carousels on any SM-Platform is essential to real Social Media Management. YOu guys are way too late on this topic and I don't see why anyone would pay so much money for a social media scheduler like that....

BVoges

Yes please. Add this function.

HTaylor74

Absolutely agreed. Need to be able to upload a pdf so it becomes / is seen as a carousel on LinkedIn.

JSimmonds

This is another weak point in Hubspot's poor LinkedIn integration. Along with not being able to post video to personal profiles. These options are widely avaiblabe in other (free) scheduling platforms, so there's no reason at all they shouldn't be available in Hubspot. It's really very disapppinting for such an otherwise great platform.

NWheatman

Yes please add this feature

MElliottSmith

Agreed, this feature is necessary!

Utrila

I completely agree! Hubspot does not allow posts in the carousel format, which forces us to post directly to LinkedIn and make us to miss the metrics overview.

IPerera

This is crucial to our LinkedIn strategy as well. Please add this feature to HubSpot, so that we can track our social media performance correctly in one place. Thanks.

PBogner

Agreed +1 definitely needed

LHendricks

Please count my vote for this!! +1

SamL7

Because Linkedin doesn't have a carousel posting option, uploading pdfs and having scrollable images is so much more engaging. Currently this feature is not on Hubspot and we have to post directly on Linkedin instead. 😐

usernamehubspot
Participant

Wakey wakey Hubspot. 

94 upvotes.

39 replies. 

2 years on!!

Not a single reply from Hubspot. 

And yet such a basic thing. 

Come one guys, sort it out. Pretty poor for a premium product to lack such basics.