HubSpot Ideas

dsdewhir

Please Add Multiselect Dropdowns to Forms

Please add a form field option for multi-select dropdowns. The existing answer, "just use all these checkboxes," is not helpful in all (or possibly even many) circumstances -- it will often create a form that is long, clunky, and inelegant. Speaking as a developer, it should be child's play for Hubspot developers to add this capability, and the impact of NOT having it is potentially high.

11 Kommentare
LCSKMiller
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Hi dsdewhir,

Have you found a possible work around or CSS code to make this change possible? We are looking around the forum first to see if anyone has been able to implement this before coding it ourselves.

dsdewhir
Teilnehmer/-in | Partner

Hi @LCSKMiller  -- No, we're just using the multi-select checkbox option until multi-select dropdowns are added, if ever. Wish I had a better answer for you!

LCSKMiller
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Rats - I've found some JS ways to do it but I'd rather use the core functionality as is vs coding it on our own. Thanks anyway!

dsdewhir
Teilnehmer/-in | Partner

Yes -- all things are possible one way or another, I just don't want to get into doing a bunch of custom coding for this particular issue when the client felt that the mutliple checkboxes were acceptable on their end.

tracysteel1
Teilnehmer/-in | Partner

We totally need this. I have a list of countries and a list of languages where a user needs to be able to select more than one. I bet you can imagine how terrible this looks as a list. Now I have to do a bunch of custom coding. Please allow drop down multi-select.

Daniel_13
Teilnehmer/-in

+1 this should 100% be an option for Hubspot forms. Having a checkbox property already displays perfectly as a multiselect dropdown in the Hubspot UI - so I do not see why it cannot have the same functionality when used on a form without having to custom code the form to get it to display as such

DConti
Mitglied

Having a form field option for multi-select dropdowns is a MUST

cjmaurer1
Teilnehmer/-in | Platinum Partner

Yeah, I can't upvote this enough. Simply not allowing a multiple checkbox option format as a dropdown in a form is forcing me to look into other form builders for application/onboarding forms for my agency and some of our clients. I would much prefer to build these forms in HubSpot.

ECecchetti
Mitglied

I need this feature too. Considering that customers are asking it since 2019... is it included in the product roadmap?

Alexrott
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

make this happen Hubspot! A simple change with huge impact

tl
Mitglied

Yes please, this feature is critical for most of our forms. 

Hubspot has this feature already in different setting fields (like "Additional teams")

tl_0-1660234166489.png