HubSpot Ideas

VagaeNatus

Pipeline specific Default Deal Properties

Hello Team, 

Our use case:

We have various pipelines, for various sales cycles and sometimes various types of contacts or companies.

The Deal's information we need to access depend on the pipeline the deal is in. Since the "default deal properties" is made to display the "most important" information of a deal, we need this group of "most important" information to be pipeline specific.

Our suggestion:

To propose to create multiple "default deal properties", each one having a name. Then, admin should be able to decide to which pipeline to apply this "default deal properties". A "default deal properties" may be applied to one or more pipelines. It's ok to have a limit on the possible numbers of possible "default deal properties" if needed. 10 or 20 maximum would already be amazing.

Note: I've written the above with the understanding that "default deal properties" are controlling both the "about" section on the deal and the properties available when creating a new deal on the card that's opening on the right of the screen.

Best, 

Adrien

HubSpot Updates
January 04, 2020 07:45 AM

Hi @VagaeNatus - thank you for your follow up here. 

This original idea contained 2 great feature improvements that are different segments of work for our teams and cannot be completed in tandem. Since we have delivered on one of the ideas, our community team has advised that we keep this idea marked as "delivered". 

However, since the other half of the suggestion is yet to be implemented (the ability to use different properties upon deal/ticket creation), I created another idea to track development. I've also set the idea to "In planning" as we are actively determining the best way to solve this problem and it is something we do plan to implement. 

Thank you for your continued feedback, I'm also looking forward to marking that idea delivered as well! 

- Dylan 

October 16, 2019 11:55 AM

Hi Tim, 

When combing through the thread, I did notice this to be about 30% of the case that was mentioned. Unfortunately, this is not part of the update I posted about above but it is firmly on our radar. 

We are beginning to kick off work on that front (creating deals) but I felt as if the majority of the asks here were around the data that displays on Deals. We're well aware of the case for conditional required properties based on a pipeline an object is created in and will update this thread (or another, if it pops up) once we have that in a beta! 

Thanks as always for your continued feedback on our product 

- Dylan

Delivered
October 16, 2019 10:22 AM

Hi HubSpot Community,

Thank you for your continued feedback and input on the Community. I'm excited to update this post to "delivered", as of today we have introduced the ability to display conditional data on records into beta. Here is a knowledge doc that explains the capability.

In short, Professional users can now add customizable sections to their records; Enterprise users can customize what displays on records depending on the team a user is on or a property on the object (ex: pipeline). This update also comes jam-packed with property updates, such as the ability to delete or regroup HubSpot Default Properties. 

We'll have a more detailed product blog post coming soon, but I wanted to personally let all of you on the community know first!

If you're interested in using this functionality - navigate to "properties" within settings. If you are a Super Admin you will see a toggle in the bottom left hand corner that will allow you to unlock the new experience. We hope to make continued improvements to this experience before rolling it out more broadly as the defacto experience. 

As always, thank you for your continued feedback. Here on HubSpot Product we're always eager to improve your experience to help your business grow better! 

- Dylan Sellberg
Product Manager

June 13, 2019 07:42 AM

Hi HubSpot Community,

We really appreciate the continued feedback on this post. Allowing pipeline specific deal properties is certainly something we hope to look in to. However, at this stage the work has not been planned or scheduled. Please continue to provide examples and use-cases for this feature - it will help us build a better solution when the time comes. We'll update this post when we have further clarity on when we plan to build this functionality. 

- Dylan

October 21, 2018 04:54 PM

Hi HubSpot community - thank you all for providing your feedback on this issue. I'm a member of our Product team and I wanted to let you all know that this is something we are actively thinking about and hope to deliver soon! Please continue to provide examples and use-cases on this issue, I will provide an update once this functionality is closer to beta. 

97 Replies
timjobpal

Hi Dylan,

Thanks for the update — the newly introduced features are great!

However (I hope I'm wrong…), this does not at all address the issue of required properties when creating a Deal? This was a core part of this thread.

Best,

Tim

SimoneM
Contributor

Yeah it's a great feature, but the really nice things like custom properties view and dependent section, are only on Enterprise... and in any case seems that you still can't manage custom properties at the moment of creations of a new deal.

Simone

Dylan
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Tim, 

When combing through the thread, I did notice this to be about 30% of the case that was mentioned. Unfortunately, this is not part of the update I posted about above but it is firmly on our radar. 

We are beginning to kick off work on that front (creating deals) but I felt as if the majority of the asks here were around the data that displays on Deals. We're well aware of the case for conditional required properties based on a pipeline an object is created in and will update this thread (or another, if it pops up) once we have that in a beta! 

Thanks as always for your continued feedback on our product 

- Dylan

timjobpal

That's great to hear, thank you!

VagaeNatus
Key Advisor

@Dylan I am the original creator of this idea, more than 2 years ago. I think it is not right to say this idea is delivered. Below are three reasons why. Hence, could you please change the status back to submitted or something like working on? Here is why:

1/ It's Beta, not in Live: The concept of beta means it can still be stopped and never go live or can be changed.

2/ It does not cover the scope of the idea: The feature delivered does not cover new deals, which was part of the original idea (check it one more time). Hence, the feature did not deliver the idea, only a part of it. As such, please do not send to garbage the 200+ upvotes of people over 2 years by marking the idea delivered. Many also voted for the new deal components and for them it's not delivered.

Apart from the above facts, it's surprising no one has contacted me from Product Team at Hubspot. A few months after posting the first idea, I mentioned what you needed to develop was actually equivalent to Salesforce Record Type. But you kept focusing on an idea that was 2 years old. We would have liked to make the conditions based on something else than the pipe, we did not get it.

JPowell1
Participant

I agree this hasn't really been delivered. Properties are still created for all pipelines and only those with enterprise packages can implement a workaround.

It's really frustrating to be given a partial solution and see pretty basic functionality added for enterprise customers only (because there is a demand for it, you have to assume).

shancbailey

I wish that having properties by pipeline wouldn't be only available to enterprise users; It feels like this is basic functionality that should come with having the ability to have multiple pipelines (and atleast be available to professional users).

VagaeNatus
Key Advisor

@Dylan Any feedback on my explanation? As the feature delivered cover only a part of the scope of the idea, could you please turn back the idea to "submitted" or "in planning"? 

Dylan
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @VagaeNatus - thank you for your follow up here. 

This original idea contained 2 great feature improvements that are different segments of work for our teams and cannot be completed in tandem. Since we have delivered on one of the ideas, our community team has advised that we keep this idea marked as "delivered". 

However, since the other half of the suggestion is yet to be implemented (the ability to use different properties upon deal/ticket creation), I created another idea to track development. I've also set the idea to "In planning" as we are actively determining the best way to solve this problem and it is something we do plan to implement. 

Thank you for your continued feedback, I'm also looking forward to marking that idea delivered as well! 

- Dylan 

MichelleFink
Contributor

Hi there,

I found various related ideas in the forum that I wanted to tag here. I am a Sales Pro professional user and Marketing Pro user. I also have the reporting add on. I am very disappointed to hear that the ability to customize deal properties per pipeline that a deal is in is ONLY for enterprise level clients. My company is not big enough to be enterprise level and it doesn't make sense for us to upgrade for basic features like this. Professional level allows multiple pipelines and this need for displaying different deal properties in the "About" section so often correlates to that variable. It should not be gated to allow just Hubspot enterprise clients. This is a matter of organizing the data we have on the deal level to do the best work we can. Please extend this feature to Professional customers as well.

Related requests:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/customize-displayed-properties-on-deal-cards-in-board...

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Different-pipeline-different-about-this-deal/idi-p/27...

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Show-Hide-Properties-Based-On-Service-Pipeline/idi-p/...

Daveonearth
Participant

It is absurd and Hubspot upsale tactics will be the death of them. 

jabguiap
Participant

I AGREE. THIS SHOULD BE PART OF PRO VERSION

pchan2

Agree, as not all properties are applicable for all pipelines. 

RThorn

I agree with all of the comments - You need to tailor different questions to each pipeline KPI as it makes your reporting much more accurate and easier to follow for the sales team

DSaunders2

Is this something that is now possible? Most of these comments are from several years ago. I would also find this invaluable.

extraderrr
Participant

Really need this. Not sure when this can be done, but this is a pretty big flaw. 

LEngmann

It's a must that it's should be posible  to set specific proporties shown in different pipeline, must be posible in both:
"create deal form"
and
Left sidebar
And
Right sidebar