HubSpot Ideas

VagaeNatus

Pipeline specific Default Deal Properties

Hello Team, 

Our use case:

We have various pipelines, for various sales cycles and sometimes various types of contacts or companies.

The Deal's information we need to access depend on the pipeline the deal is in. Since the "default deal properties" is made to display the "most important" information of a deal, we need this group of "most important" information to be pipeline specific.

Our suggestion:

To propose to create multiple "default deal properties", each one having a name. Then, admin should be able to decide to which pipeline to apply this "default deal properties". A "default deal properties" may be applied to one or more pipelines. It's ok to have a limit on the possible numbers of possible "default deal properties" if needed. 10 or 20 maximum would already be amazing.

Note: I've written the above with the understanding that "default deal properties" are controlling both the "about" section on the deal and the properties available when creating a new deal on the card that's opening on the right of the screen.

Best, 

Adrien

97 Replies
plandes

Up to 164 votes til now, but can't see why HubSpot would need more usecases. This logic is the same in tickets and deals and we simply needs pipeline specific properties....we don't need the same view for all pipelines, it simply does not make sense.

Again, I may share why this is urgently needed for our internal workflow for us: (Tickets)

If you see pipelines as independend processes it totally makes sence not to see the same properties each pipeline, but rather set custom  specific properties each pipeline.

Usecase:

Pipeline A: Incoming Claims from Production (product damage, or shipping damage)

Pipeline B: Returns Process (We need to inform our customer that a parcel has returned and need to aglin with them and send the item out again to an ( possibly updated) address.

Pipeline C: Address-Issue (at that stage we are unable to ship the orders, since we need to get in touch with the customer)

Currently I must set one propertie with all possible propertie values of A, B & C, which makes it confusing. Plus if we had that feature done, the ticket surface or mask would reflect the actual cases and properties in a correct manner, not everything bunched together...

I rather have specific properties and values for each A, B & C and set in which pipeline they should go and hence be reflected.

Hawk-Steve
Top Contributor

A further use case is to get better buy-in from the various teams and managers that use Hubspot. We want them to enjoy using Hubspot and want to encounter as little resistance as possible to its implementation into the organisation.

We all know those individuals and teams that are resistant to change. They'd rather do it the old way they know and not see the new, better way. They'll nitpick at anything and make a drama of using the new system. Forcing them to see potentially 10s of irrelevant fields on the left of their info panel is just fuel to their fire.

We know they will be blown away by how good Hubspot is eventually, let's just make it more user-friendly :).

tenwall

+1 to almost everything that's been said. Different processes require different info.

GuyB

We have the same issue.  Multiple pipelines and we want different deal input parameters to be required for some pipelines but not others. We also do not want a massive number of field options when adding a deal to a pipeline.

At present, the only way to do this is to create separate Hubspot accounts for our differentiated pipelines, but then they do not integrate....

Can Hubspot designers work on this?

BastiSchuhl
Top Contributor

Yes, absolutely crucial feature for large teams with multiple deal pipelines. Thanks!

jrichins
Participant

This kind of feature would be a huge benefit for my team as well. We have multiple pipelines and being able to define which properties to be displayed on deal records per pipeline would really improve the UX. I would strongly encourage HubSpot to look into this.  

teddy1

This is such a pain that prevents our teams and company from scaling smoothly. 

ClemOaky
Participant

This would make a lot of sense for us too, as the whole point of creating different pipelines is really to look at very different deals, with very different properties.

Hope this gets looked at!

timjobpal

This is also extremely important for us, as we're also managing our key accounts via HubSpot. It just doesn't make sense at all to have the exact same required properties Sales pipelines and Customer journey pipelines (or even others!). This might seem small, but it is a huge limitation that kind of breaks the experience for us currently. We hope to see this realized in the product soon and are looking forward to using pipelines even more efficiently!

Thanks!

GuyB

I resorted to AirTable for my other pipelines...maybe this disclosure will help the design team focus on this key issues as constantly switching is painful and we are losing some of the CRM functions that we like about the Hubspot ecosystem...please let us know if someone is looking at this?

Daveonearth
Participant

Surely this is enough upvotes?

SimoneM
Contributor

Hi, I work for an agency and I found that this is a very big limit, it's the second customer that didn't choose to use hubspot also for the CRM for this motivation.

Use case are evident, If I have a 2 completly different business line with completly different pipeline it's obvious that i may need having a custom properties displayed on the deals and displayed when I creates a deals.

I love hubspot but sometimes it has very incomprehensible limits to me.

Hope this will be fixed.

ssnee
Participant

We have a very similar use case.  We need to be able to have a table view of deals that is specific to each pipeline.  We have different sales teams selling different products.  Each team needs to see information relevant to their pipeline.  The dataset that is need varries significantly from one team to the next.

Cynthia

Hello, 

Same idea here. We have different type of pipelines transactions, and it will be wonderful to have a default properties adapted to each pipes.

Thanks for the dev !

JaredMoats
Participant

I was disappointed when I found out HubSpot could not do this – I simply assumed the software would be able to create different default properites for different pipelines. Not having this functionality will hinder my teams, as my different teams need to quickly access different important information in their pipelines.

Please address this soon. HubSpot Sales Professional isn't cheap, after all.

frontrunner_mat

Completely agree as we have a complex sales process for each pipeline. We're working in a double sided market place that has different deal properties depending on which side of the business our sales team is focusing. Looking forward to trying the Beta once released.

Leo90

Same for us we have two different sales funnels with completely different properties regarding the prospects. Therefore it would be important for us to have different deal properties for each funnel.  

alessahpapa

Our deals are separated on different pipelines with the same properties across each pipeline. Ideally, our team is able to customize the properties that they see when they create a deal or view a deal profile based on the team they are under. This way, there's a proper segregration of information that we see per account type rather that seeing all in one. Allowing us to segregate these types of information could actually allows us to visualize and manage our data points better. 

AmandaEdsall

Big upvote on this feature request!

Our company uses Deal Pipelines to follow along different interactions with our customers. 

* Typical sales deal from our website

* Follow the process of signing up a new Dealer of our product

* Credit application process

* Quote process

* Invoice payments

Each Pipeline has a different group of "most important/relevent" properties.  Having to list all for each different Pipeline defeats the purpose of having a quick reference of the most relevent properties.

Another idea to help with this would be to show the "Property Group" in the sidebar and organize the properties accordingly.  This would allow you to easily go to where the property you are looking for would be grouped and find it easier.

Dylan
HubSpot Product Team

Hi HubSpot Community,

Thank you for your continued feedback and input on the Community. I'm excited to update this post to "delivered", as of today we have introduced the ability to display conditional data on records into beta. Here is a knowledge doc that explains the capability.

In short, Professional users can now add customizable sections to their records; Enterprise users can customize what displays on records depending on the team a user is on or a property on the object (ex: pipeline). This update also comes jam-packed with property updates, such as the ability to delete or regroup HubSpot Default Properties. 

We'll have a more detailed product blog post coming soon, but I wanted to personally let all of you on the community know first!

If you're interested in using this functionality - navigate to "properties" within settings. If you are a Super Admin you will see a toggle in the bottom left hand corner that will allow you to unlock the new experience. We hope to make continued improvements to this experience before rolling it out more broadly as the defacto experience. 

As always, thank you for your continued feedback. Here on HubSpot Product we're always eager to improve your experience to help your business grow better! 

- Dylan Sellberg
Product Manager