Pipeline specific Default Deal Properties

Hello Team, 

Our use case:

We have various pipelines, for various sales cycles and sometimes various types of contacts or companies.

The Deal's information we need to access depend on the pipeline the deal is in. Since the "default deal properties" is made to display the "most important" information of a deal, we need this group of "most important" information to be pipeline specific.

Our suggestion:

To propose to create multiple "default deal properties", each one having a name. Then, admin should be able to decide to which pipeline to apply this "default deal properties". A "default deal properties" may be applied to one or more pipelines. It's ok to have a limit on the possible numbers of possible "default deal properties" if needed. 10 or 20 maximum would already be amazing.

Note: I've written the above with the understanding that "default deal properties" are controlling both the "about" section on the deal and the properties available when creating a new deal on the card that's opening on the right of the screen.

Best, 

Adrien

HubSpot updates
86 Replies
christourre
Regular Contributor

This would be huge for our organization.  We sell two core products and they really need to have required fields so that we can track data correctly (and make sure our staff is imputting it as well!) Having a deal property field option like "n/a" as a current placeholder is just silly and bad practice. 

809CharlieTango
Regular Contributor

I would love dynamic fields function programmed into HubSpot where if a user selects a pipeline the fields for the 2nd pipeline are different from the 1st pipeline because, after a sale, client success has different requirements to create a deal. 

Thanks, 
Orlando 

thjoris
New Contributor

As the other contributors here, we also greatly benefit from different deal properties for different pipelines.

dtwing
New Contributor

This is a must have. I have an inside sales pipeline, and online sales pipeline, and am using a third pipeline to track a business development activity that is not really a deal, but I need to track it at the company and contact level, have a dashboard, report on it, and have custom fields, so Deals is the only place to put this activity. Each of these three pipelines have different properities that a required and should allow for different displays.

apelfrey
New Contributor

This is a must for our business as well. We are pleased with HubSpot but this is presenting a major problem for our users and overall adoption. 

mill0470
New Contributor

This is the single biggest frustration I have with HubSpot. There are very by the way. 

It is a challenge for me to have our sales team enter the correct information when many of the fields may be irrelevant. It is also more challenging to quickly scan for specific details while on a sales call. I could go on, but my fellow users have done a great job outlining the issue. 

Nicositter
Regular Contributor

As everyone, I really need this.

I am importing different business teams into Hubspot CRM to have the whole acquisition funnel and data in one place.

I would also like to say that, in addition to the pipeline, it would be great to also have default properties according to a team (or user).

slwolber
New Contributor

Our company also greatly needs this.

brkn
Regular Contributor

Love this! Yes please, this would be perfect.

propeller_joni
New Contributor

+1

We have a few very different pipelines and need different property sets for each.