Photo editing improvements

Hi team,

Changes to the photo editing options in the File Manager have caused our users to have to take extra steps to edit their photos effectively for social posts, to put on website pages, and to insert in emails.

It would be great to see the following improvements to our photo editing tools allow our users to centralize their photo editing in HubSpot and not have to use other external tools!

1. Increased functionality beyond cropping and resizing - for example, custom photo filters, frames, graphics, and overlays.
  2. An easier photo cropping experience: currently, the crop/resize bar at the bottom of the cropping tool cuts off part of the photo, so it makes it more difficult to see exactly what you're cropping and to drag the corners of the cropped version.
  3. The option to clone to different file formats aside from .PNG.

Thanks!

2 Replies
rabbleon
New Contributor

I am greatly disappointed with the current state of the image editor for Social posts and have spent countless hours trying to navigate it. After speaking on the phone with HubSpot Support multiple times to walk through this issue, I learned that HubSpot previously utilized a 3rd party image editing tool called Adobe "Aviary" which has been discontinued. Thus, HubSpot users no longer have the ability to edit photos like before. An unusable croping/resizing feature has been left.  Images convert to a PNG and size up to large/unusable file sizes. Furthermore, I must also zoom out of my web browser to effectively see what I am croping. 

It was suggested by HubSpot Support that I encourage my team as well as others that utilize HubSpot to comment & upvote a thread like this. With more upvotes, this may signal to HubSpot that this is something customers are looking into. 

Currently, I am forced to utilize another editing tool that I am paying another premium for, save multiple versions of my images to meet the needs of various social media platforms on my computer and then upload these various images to Hubspot. It is my opinion that HubSpot has taken steps backward with regard to this issue and, for the premium users pay for it, I find this unacceptable. HubSpot - Please address ASAP. 

Gemmaw
Occasional Contributor

I agree. The amended photo editor tool is not user friendly at all and a step backwards. 

We have reverted back to Photoshop and Canva for re editing purposes, which is adding another step to the process. 

An updated tool which meets the requirements as the people above have stated is necessary.