HubSpot Ideas

Knilsen

Personalization Token in Internal Email for Form Filled

In a sentence: personalization tokens should be available for non-contact property values.

We're looking to use workflows with Internal Emails notifying team members of leads. Instead of having to create separate workflows for the various forms we have on the site so that the form submission is the trigger, we'd like to use personalization tokens in the email to indicate that as well as a link to the contact's profile in the notification email so that we can reduce the number of workflows and emails that we have in our instance. 

HubSpot Updates
May 06, 2019 07:17 AM

@Knilsen have you tried using the form submission notifications that are available when setting up a form? They include all the field by default, and a link to the contact who submitted the form. Setting that up is outlined in this article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/forms/set-up-your-form-submission-notifications.

7 Replies
bellawu
HubSpot Product Team

@Knilsen have you tried using the form submission notifications that are available when setting up a form? They include all the field by default, and a link to the contact who submitted the form. Setting that up is outlined in this article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/forms/set-up-your-form-submission-notifications.

Knilsen
Member | Elite Partner

Hi @bellawu - thank you for reaching out. The challenge with the forms notifications is that I cannot use If/Then statements that I can in Workflows to determine based on a form field answer how the contact should be handled. I also want to add complexity eventually to be able to notify via email (not in-app notifications) different people based on the answer to their questions (i.e. looking in $X price point, send to Mr. Q vs $Y price point send to Ms. J). So as well as being able to include the form name in an email, but also having logic that is not simply Binary (Yes/No) would be extremely helpful.

kristen_sb
Contributor

Not being able to add a link to a contact in an internal notification (via a personalization token) is unbelievable. It boggles my mind that this functionality doesn't exist while HubSpot claims to be a platform for the enterprise. 

aidanjames
Participant

I agree.  We would also like to be able to share information submitted on a form internally, perhaps with a button that allows a member of the team to claim the lead as theirs and take it forwards.  I find it hard to believe that when creating an email for automation that I can't include form contents.

Suenarita

This is an old thread, yet I am trying to do this very thing.

I want to send a notification to a BDR based on Industry via workflow. The only way I can see to make this happen is to assign the contact first, but I don't want to do that until they reach MQL status. Why can't I create an internal notification that brings in the form name and other non-contact info?

Thank you

ORemsberg

Honestly ditto to all of the above^^^