HubSpot Ideas

tomsedgwick

Permission to access individual workflows

Hi all,

I have given a freelancer access to our workflows so that he can develop a workflow with a webhook in it.

I see this as a major security risk.

It would be great if I could give users access to individual workflows, without them having access to all of them.

16 Kommentare
KeeganSmith87
Teilnehmer/-in

I think more importantly than permissions for individual workflows is the need for separation between workflow "enroll" capabilities and workflow "edit" capabilities. 

Use case is: Representatives that work for our company may need to enroll a customer in a one-off campaign. But in order to allow that, I either have to create a dummy property that, when checked, enrolls them into that campaign (which means each campaign would need it's own property) OR I have to grant "God-Mode" to every rep who MAY need to enroll a customer into a marketing workflow for a one-off request for additional educational content.

Why is this a risk? Simple. I can NOT allow representives in the dozens (we have nearly 30 users soon to be transitioning into HubSpot Service Hub) to have access to not only enroll but ALSO go in and EDIT the workflows that our marketing and sales teams have spent nearly a year building. It's a massive risk to infrastructure. 

My proposal is for the following: Workflow EDIT abilities are moved to the MARKETING tab in permissions. Workflow ENROLL abilities go under CRM permissions.

tomsedgwick
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

There is a toggle for creating and editing workflows. Just turn that off for your sales team. They can still enrol people in workflows with this turned off, can't they? 

mgeorgieva
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hello folks, 

There is a Workflows partitioning update in beta for HubSpot Enterprise that will address your request. DM if you are interested in testing it.

Best,

Maggie Georgieva

spiderman
Teilnehmer/-in

We definitely need the separation of authority for enrolling contacts in workflows and the access to edit workflows. We are very concerned to give staff access to edit workflows. One incorrect change or the wrong enrolment criteria and it could cause major embarassment or worse.

Super admin and developers can have access to create/edit workflows.

General support staff should only have access to enrol contacts to existing workflows. At present we use additional triggers via adding to a list or a custom field to trigger a workflow for a contact. Having access to see history might also be useful. 

What will be in the workflows partitioning update?  We're running Enterprise.

RoxPepin
Teilnehmer/-in

Can I get access to the BETA? 🙂 

mgeorgieva
HubSpot-Produktteam

@RoxPepin Sure - can you direct message me or email me (mgeorigeva@hubspot.com) your Hub ID? 

Best,

Maggie

SBuckley
Mitglied

It appears as if @mgeorgieva no longer works for Hubspot. Was wondering if there are any other product team members reviewing this thread?

mgeorgieva
HubSpot-Produktteam

@SBuckley I'm still here! Are you interested in joining the beta as well? Feel free to direct message me with your Hub Id.

SBuckley
Mitglied

@mgeorgieva Hi! I'm sorry, I sent you an email and it came back as undeliverable. I'll DM you.

BethThompson
Mitglied

@mgeorgieva Is this idea still in beta? Or has it rolled out? 

mgeorgieva
HubSpot-Produktteam

It has been out to all Enterprise accounts and is covered in this knowledge article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/account/partition-your-hubspot-assets

Status aktualisiert zu: Delivered
mgeorgieva
HubSpot-Produktteam

MMcBride1
Mitglied

I agree! I work for a real estate firm. We would like for our agents to be able to create workflows for their email marketing. However, that would give them access to edit all of the company's workflows, which is a huge risk. It would be nice if there was a permission set feature limiting workflow access to something like "Owned Only" or "Created by agent."

This may be far fetched, but it would also be nice if the WF filters limited the agent to applying the WF only to their contacts and contacts with no owners, and not to contacts owned by other people. 

Thanks!

MMcBride1
Mitglied

@mgeorgieva  -- we have the enterprise account and this feature does not appear to be rolled out. I can allow an agent to view or edit ALL workflows, but I cannot limit which workflows the agent can view/edit. Thanks!

MMcBride1_0-1689963439946.png

mgeorgieva
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hey there, you can do that from the Workflows screen itself - Screenshot 2023-07-21 at 2.36.36 PM.png Hope this helps!

PWeidner
Mitglied

Currently, it seems to allow edit access to specific workflows, one has to:

1. provide overall edit access to workflows in the permissions (user or permission set)

2. Then use the team level access in permissions to grant edit access by team

The challenge I see with this is that we are unable to:

1. Provide view access to all workflows

while also

2. Providing edit access to selected workflows